Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

This is Just a Feeler

terryhaakman

Enthusiast
I brought my R4 in for the first inspection since I bought it. Turns out the serial numbers on the frame don't match the numbers in the engine bay, therefore, I can't get it registered and the previous owner is long gone. This is a very upsetting time becasue I have put so much time and money in to the car and now I have to toss it. As a feeler, I would like to see if there is any interest for a buyer...

Here is a short list of what has been done:

ALL NEW
-Timing Chain and Sprocket Wheel
-Chain Pulley
-Lid Gasket
-Valve Gasket
-Rear Bearing
-Paper Gasket Set
-Combustion Rings
-Rubber Washer Set
-Head Gasket
-Spark Plugs
-Alternator and Pump Belts
-Fly Wheel
-Rubber Gasket Cylinder Set
-Muffler Brackets
-Fuel Pump
-All brakes, rotors and drums
-Ball joints and boots
-New exhaust
-New clutch
-Transmission gasket
-Outer suspension mounts have been re-enforced

The seats are original and in fair condition.

The wheels could use a refinish.

I can arrange transport from Sarajevo at the expense of the buyer.

http://www.renault4.co.uk/forum/album.php?albumid=94

The number imprinted on the floor beside the passenger seat (chasis) and the number plate inside the engine bay. The papers show the engine bay number only, which of course, doesn't match the chasis number.

What would happen if you found the central crossmember to be rusty and had to replace it? Of course the chassis number is stamped on the crossmember so that would disappear. I'm not aware of any rules against repairing rusty parts over here, though the registration people might require you to re-stamp the chassis number on the chassis.

Seems a shame to have to scrap the car.

I have the 20 Euro, I just need the "friendly" local in Sarajevo. PM me if you know of anybody that could help.

I'd also suggest that the crossmember number can be made to be exactly the same as the chassis plate very easily indeed.

He only needs to find friendly local and with help of 20 euros all his problems will go away. Until recently cars could get MOT without actually going anywhere :D

Wow, you are cheap over there! Our "friendly locals" charge about 100-150 euros depending on the case...

Up For Grabs

I've decided to part her out or sell her out right.

The first 1000 euros takes all.

Oh, and she comes with an after-market AA-OO-GGAAHH Klaxon horn

I brought my R4 in for the first inspection since I bought it. Turns out the serial numbers on the frame don't match the numbers in the engine bay, therefore, I can't get it registered and the previous owner is long gone. This is a very upsetting time becasue I have put so much time and money in to the car and now I have to toss it. As a feeler, I would like to see if there is any interest for a buyer...

Here is a short list of what has been done:

ALL NEW
-Timing Chain and Sprocket Wheel
-Chain Pulley
-Lid Gasket
-Valve Gasket
-Rear Bearing
-Paper Gasket Set
-Combustion Rings
-Rubber Washer Set
-Head Gasket
-Spark Plugs
-Alternator and Pump Belts
-Fly Wheel
-Rubber Gasket Cylinder Set
-Muffler Brackets
-Fuel Pump
-All brakes, rotors and drums
-Ball joints and boots
-New exhaust
-New clutch
-Transmission gasket
-Outer suspension mounts have been re-enforced

The seats are original and in fair condition.

The wheels could use a refinish.

I can arrange transport from Sarajevo at the expense of the buyer.

http://www.renault4.co.uk/forum/album.php?albumid=94

Back