Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Toujour Le France

johnjolly

Enthusiast
Recently returned from South East France , Provence and the Luberone hills. Saw several R4s still in regular use but mostly fairly bashed about. One very smart ex. Telecom van but I was driving at the time and could not photograph. However I did come across this Renault dealer with the

array of goods on offer. The cream image.jpg van looked good and had suspension work recently done, but probably it had had a difficult former life. They also had a scrapyard outback of worse wrecks.image.jpg

Just been searching Google Earth and have re discovered the location of the Renault Garage, the cars in my photo are on the 'North' side of the road you can see for yourself the wrecks behind the buildings of the garage. What treasures there my be lurking amongst those rusting hulks. The mind boggles!

image.jpg

In november me and a few friends will go to Lyon and visit Epoquauto... planning of finding a scrapyard to visit along the journey...

Scrap yards are just fascinating ....trouble is I just see potential ......not all the work to make it right.
Wish I could go

Luberone is where the Peter Mayle series was set - A Year In Provence. Upset a lot of locals but was a great watch I thought.

Back