Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Tour de France en Renault 4

Azazello

habitué
Anna, a friend of mine, did a couple of years ago a one-month journey around Italy with her 4L named Lola, visiting a lot of places and meeting all us 4l-addicted... It was a beautiful experience, and she and her son are planning a similar trip this summer in France, trying to meet as much as possible of the french "quatrelleurs"...
I will join them, because this sounds like a gorgeous adventure!
Some of you have surely heard of this...
Here are the fb page and the thread on the french forum about this travel:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1397719387113226/

http://www.r4-4l.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=30481

If some of you turns out to be in France in this period (15 june - 15 july)... we will be glad to meet you!
(There is even, of course, a thread on the italian forum: http://www.renault4.it/web/forum/eventi/10518-tour-de-france-en-quatrelle-2014?limitstart=0)

This week-end me and Anna will meet in Florence (mid-way from each other) in order to plan the journey...

Every one is welcome!

Hi there Andrea, I'm planning on going to the Le Mans Classic in early July, and driving through Brittany to get there. So if you and your friend are in that area perhaps we could meet up. Regards Brian :)

As I mentioned if you come via the Pyrenees, St Gaudens, Montrejeau on the A64 then please come and stay at our place. We have plenty of rooms and it would be great to have some more 4Ls in the drive.

Thank you, you have just given me a deadline to get my car ready for, I have just finished painting the chassis today and will now make your France trip my goal, really do hope to meet you there. Stan.

I'll keep an eye on your plans, to see if we could make a meet up too!

As I mentioned, last weekend me and my friend Anna were in Florence, half way from each other home, to plan the travel. All began with the best intentions,
6etp.jpg

...ending in the usual way.
gx9z.jpg

(this is Luca, a friend quatrelleur living in Florence, our host for dinner)

Here is our plan, as Anna showed to the french forum:
http://www.r4-4l.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=384372#p384372

As I mentioned if you come via the Pyrenees, St Gaudens, Montrejeau on the A64 then please come and stay at our place. We have plenty of rooms and it would be great to have some more 4Ls in the drive.

We will be in your place the 20th of june;
I am sorry it is not the time lapse you said me, but there was no way of being there later.
I hope we can meet somehow!

Hi there Andrea, I'm planning on going to the Le Mans Classic in early July, and driving through Brittany to get there. So if you and your friend are in that area perhaps we could meet up. Regards Brian :)

Hi Brian, we decided to spend a few days around Brittany and Normandy, from 26/6 to 2/7... hope to meet you somewhere up there!

Hi Andrea, my friend and I are catching the ferry on the 2nd July from Plymouth, arriving the next morning in Roscoff, and then driving down to Le Mans with maybe an overnight stop on the way. So we could possibly meet up on that day (3rd) if you are still in the area. However, you will probably be on your way to Paris by then, as I see from your plan that you have a busy schedule, but what an adventure. ;)

We ought to see if we could manage the Kent run into the Tour too! Wonders whether a quick day trip over the channel could be organised?

Hi Andrea, I've been keeping an eye on your odyssey via FB, it looks like you are having a great trip. My friend and I are are doing the overnight crossing to Roscoff this Wednesday, and have decided to drive straight to Le Mans as we can check in at the campsite from Thursday night. I think you are going to be further north by then but if you are in that area please let me know, either on here or phone me, 07855996827. A bien tot, Brian.

As you said, I was completely out of your journey.
Now I am back home, I had a beautiful adventure but tomorrow I will be working again. Sigh.
Hope to see you and other guys next july in Thenay!

It's a pity we didn't get a chance to meet up Andrea, but never mind. It looks like you had a fantastic time on your trip, and yes hope we band of R4 brothers, and sisters get together at Thenay next year. As for work, unfortunately it has to be done. :-)

Funny and wet trip, rained almost half the days.
We met a lot of very nice people, visited a lot of really beautiful places.
We would have needed twice the time, but a whole month of holidays is just as much as we could afford.
Looking forward to other r4-related trips!

Back