Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Unique Renault 4 trike for sale

Andrew C

Enthusiast
Regretfully, I'm advertising the Rundown Races special for sale, having only covered 700 miles since 2007. Having a daughter has meant far fewer opportunities for 2 seater motoring, and has forced the purchase of a cheap Golf cabrio for family 'roof down' days out. I'm putting the ad on here first rather than going straight to Ebay as I'd rather it went to someone who liked Renault 4's.

So the details :

Based on a C reg R4 GTL, as regards engine/gearbox/front suspension etc.. New 25mm box semi-spaceframe chassis with stressed steel floor and bulkheads, fabricated rear arm carrying the R4 stub axle, new AVO's all round. The car passed the MSVA test in 2006, got a brand new MOT last week and is taxed until the end of October 2012 (3 wheels = cheap tax, insurance is also cheap).

Interior is a bit spartan, body is brush painted (but the finish doesn't look too bad), and there is a small ding in the drivers side rearlight area, visible in the photos. No hood, but comes with a tonneau cover and I kept the R4 heater which is a plus over a Citroen trike. The car has always been garaged.

Style wise I think the car looks OK from the front, but it has to be said I'm a mechanical engineer and I didn't put too much effort into the aesthetics. All the bodywork is aluminium sheet, and all the panels fasten to the chassis with M4 stainless buttonhead screws.

Probably best not to apply if you're over 5'10" tall, it fits me OK but taller than that and you'll struggle.

Great fun to drive - weighs about 450kg so quite nippy with 1108cc , 50mph seems like 100, your bum feels like its touching the floor, corners suprisingly well and for added enjoyment the gear pattern is back to front (becasue the lever is upside down)

Location is Burnley, Lancs. phone number 01282 441498 (evenings)

I'm looking for £1500 ono. If it doesn't get close to that I'll either try ebay or leave it to the summer (or I might talk myself into keeping it).

• SAM_0306.JPG
    SAM_0306.JPG
    106 KB · Views: 2,064
  • SAM_0307.JPG
    SAM_0307.JPG
    109 KB · Views: 691
  • SAM_0308.JPG
    SAM_0308.JPG
    111.4 KB · Views: 704
  • SAM_0309.JPG
    SAM_0309.JPG
    100.7 KB · Views: 706
  • SAM_0310.JPG
    SAM_0310.JPG
    111.1 KB · Views: 692
  • SAM_0312.JPG
    SAM_0312.JPG
    102.8 KB · Views: 695
  • SAM_0315.JPG
    SAM_0315.JPG
    102 KB · Views: 688
shame you 'have' to let her go,

would love to drive it with the gear change like that,

good luck in selling it

As someone who has had a Lomax 223, I think the back end looks pretty smart to me. Its more fast and dynamic looking than the somewhat pudgy rear end of the Lomax...

I had a Lomax too, but we chose the bulbous front end so we could keep the heater, but it didn't do anything for its looks!

Back