Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Urgently required

It 'd be super helpful if someone would supply an image of this piece so that I might become familiar with identifying one. I am a learner of mechanical repairs , keen but unsure whether the mount is missing anything - it is still in situ and attached because Richelieu - beloved R4- is sole mode of transport - legs and bicycle excepted.

Just tried the above link, and it doesn't seem to work - it'll get you to the right site, though.
Go to 'bloc moteur et boîte...' and then 'supports moteur et boîte..' and it's the second item down.

http://www.r-quatre.nl/index.php?item=&action=page&group_id=20000324&lang=NL

Are you looking for this thing?
Just call the phone number on the site They do speak English, as most Dutchman do.
regards, Robert

Oooh, thank you for helpfulness, itis most appreciated!
I believe I could be; it says it fits a R4 built between 74/83. My beloved, on the grey card, says it was first registered on 20/11/84 but it is left hand drive and a tl , not gtl, if this makes a difference?
Thank you again for being helpful

Blaukslia

Another image/contact:

https://www.cipere.fr/fr/Renault/R4/Motor-Getriebeaufhaengung/ANR81034

It's sometimes tricky to see whether a gearbox mounting has broken, but if it has, you'll get quite severe juddering when you brake.
If you're in a hurry for a new mounting, I might be able to help. Whereabouts are you in Gloucestershire?
Andy

Thank you for your reply Andy McGhee, it's simply awesome folk on this site are so kind and helpful.
Normally , I'm in Gloucestershire but am currently living and working near Lewes in Sussex.
I assume there is more than on type of mount and as I've said in another reply, my beloved R4, was first registered in France in November 84 and is a tl
It' definitely this gearbox mounting but is it possible the bolts have broken rather than the mount ?

Blaukslia

T
There are some mounts on eBay.

Thank you Rich, enormous thanks to you and everyone for helpfulness
Yes, I've seen these on ebay , it's a matter of determining the type required
Blaukslia

The part that Robert pointed out will be the right one - all TLs/GTLs/vans, RHD/LHD built from 1974 have the same gearbox mounting. If it helps, the original Renault part number is
77 00 546 313.
It's possible that one or more of the bolts is/are loose or broken, and this would be easy enough to check. I've had a couple of mountings go over the years, and what happened both times is that the rubber block broke away from the metal backing plate.
These pictures might help.
This one is the part you need to buy:
P1000335.JPG
This one is the part you need to transfer from the broken part to the new one:P1000336.JPG
And this is how they look together (note that in the picture the nut is only loosely attached):P1000337.JPG

Removing and replacing the mounting is straightforward, but you'll need to support the gearbox with (for example) a jack. If you're not confident you can do it yourself, a garage will do the job in a very short time.

Just to mention my workshop is in worthing not far from Lewes about half hour drive and happy to fit and or give you 2nd opinion
Annoying but I have got a mounting here but because I don't need for my current project it's been put in a box somewhere
Mobile number on my profile page give me a ring if you want

The part that Robert pointed out will be the right one - all TLs/GTLs/vans, RHD/LHD built from 1974 have the same gearbox mounting. If it helps, the original Renault part number is
77 00 546 313.
It's possible that one or more of the bolts is/are loose or broken, and this would be easy enough to check. I've had a couple of mountings go over the years, and what happened both times is that the rubber block broke away from the metal backing plate.
These pictures might help.
This one is the part you need to buy:
View attachment 14068
This one is the part you need to transfer from the broken part to the new one:View attachment 14069
And this is how they look together (note that in the picture the nut is only loosely attached):View attachment 14070

Removing and replacing the mounting is straightforward, but you'll need to support the gearbox with (for example) a jack. If you're not confident you can do it yourself, a garage will do the job in a very short time.

This is so extremely helpful and ENORMOUSLY helpful, Andy McGhee, thank you
Have just finished work and reason for not replying sooner.
Blaukslia

Just to mention my workshop is in worthing not far from Lewes about half hour drive and happy to fit and or give you 2nd opinion
Annoying but I have got a mounting here but because I don't need for my current project it's been put in a box somewhere
Mobile number on my profile page give me a ring if you want

Thank you Paul, I'd like to do this after I've bought one of the mountings on Ebay and I'll contact you once it's arrived so, even if you find yours, I can replace it
Kind wishes
Blaukslia

He
This is so extremely helpful and ENORMOUSLY helpful, Andy McGhee, thank you
Have just finished work and reason for not replying sooner.
Blaukslia

One of the 'helpfuls' was meant to be 'useful' ! No PC, writing on an iPhone
Blaukslia

Back