Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Very early Renault 5 For Sale

dollywobbler

Hi Folks

After receiving a thrashing from Malcolm at Santa Pod last year, I decided to upgrade from my 2CV to a Renault 5. Sadly, too many other committments mean that she has to go!

She's a 1973 5L with dash gearchange and drum brakes. There are not many about this early! She has the 845cc engine though so Malcolm would still win easily in a head-to-head battle.

There are a few rust bubbles but she had new sills a few years back so is very solid. Both front wings contain most of the rust bubbles and two NOS wings are included in the sale. Also included are lots of mechanical parts such as brake shoes, clutch plate, shockers etc. The exhaust is blowing but a replacement silencer is also included.

I'm gutted to have to let her go but money doesn't grow on trees and I have little choice. Am only looking for £600 with MoT until Feb and tax until March. She just misses out on historic tax! Will haggle as I need the cash. :(

Renault5.jpg

Renault5inside.jpg

as also seen on Retrorides ?
didnt think there were any 845 5L s left !
very strange coincedence ,tidying up today came across a brand new Early 5L radiator nearly threw it in scrap but couldnt bring myself to do it - free if you want it

Thanks. That'd be great. Drop me a PM and we can make arrangements for collection. Odd coincidence indeed!

I'm certainly not aware of another dash-change 5 in the UK but if there are others, I'd love to meet them!

Back