Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

wavy "W" orange light

raindropsies

I have a S reg manual 1.6l petrol Megane Scenic

The W wavy orange light keeps coming on, and I have gone through the Haynes manual and nothing is mentioned in it

The car is lumpy and the revs drop when I come to a stop (it sometimes stalls) I have done all the easy things (replaced sparks & petrol filter) as that is suggested in the haynes as possible causes

I have also had the rear 2 sections of exhaust renewed ( I was told the cat looked OK)

The car is a bit noisy and like it is choking.

Any ideas on what I should do as Renault want £44.06 per half an hour to put it on the computer, but will not allow me to wait as they don't allow set time slots for diagnosing and they have also said that the diagnostic machine may not pick up the fault and could cost me 2+ hours labour, and at £44 per half hour thats £176.

So can anyone help me please.

I am sorry if I have posted in the totally wrong area, if I have could someone point me in the right direction please

Hi,
if its the 8 valve engine which i think it probably it would be at S reg then have a look at the small vacuum pipe on the back of the inlet manifold. This pipe goes to the little black box(map sensor) on the bulk head. They always split at the right angle which draws in air and makes the engine run rough..usualy you can cut the pipe back and off you go..
the pipe is avalible from renault for about £7.00ish but if you let me have your reg number i will give you the correct part number..

hope this helps

cheers
andrew

Back