Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

weber 32 dir carburettor

jemmby

Enthusiast
I have a 1984 R5 1397 C2JP7/13 engine with a WEBER 32dir 81 250 1C carb. Does anyone know the correct internals for it? ie:-
emulsion tude size, main jet, idle, jet pump jet, air correction jet. I suspect the previous owner(s) may have changed the settings.
The same carburettor is fitted to the alfasud TI/SPRINT1350cc but has different jet sizes.
I wouldn't have thought 40cc would make a differance but it might.
My carb has got blocked with a lot of dirt and needs a refurb. but it is almost as cheap to buy new if the jetting is ok.
i have tried compressed air to no avail.

Hi

If you strip the carb completely, removing all plastic components and then soak all the metal components overnight in a suitable solution, you might be able to shift the dirt causing the blockage.

Thanks , but i can not trust myself to get it back setup correctly. basic machanics is ok but carburation i find tricky to get right.

The 32 DIR 81 carburettor is for an Alfasud / Alfa 33.
If you can actually find internal parts, here is the jetting for the 1397 engine as fitted on the Volvo 343 engine, which should be identical to Renault C2J:

1st stage:
Main jet 120
Idle jet 47
Air corrector 180
Emulsion tube F20
Idle air jet 130
Accelerator pump jet 45

2nd stage:
Main jet 135
Idle jet 47
Air corrector 180
Emulsion tube F20
Idle air jet 65

Just noticed the two pdfs that JdeW posted and they have the settings for the 32 DIR 100, original equipment for your engine, and they are quite different from the Volvo engine I posted.

Renault supplied the 1108 cc Cléon-Fonte to DAF, who dubbed it the B110 and used it in their DAF 55 model.
Renault later also supplied the 1289 cc engine, which DAF named the B130 and offered as an alternative to the B110 in the DAF 66.
After Volvo took over DAF, they launched the Volvo 66, which was a rebadged DAF 66, with the same engine options.
When the Volvo 300 series was launched, the Cléon 1108 cc engine was dropped, while the Cléon 1289 cc version, called the B13 in the Volvo, carried over and a 1397 cc B14 Cléon-Fonte option was added.

Renault - DAF - Volvo Cleon engines.jpg

Minor differences in the carburetor make, types and jets made the differences in engine performance in those days ;)

Renault was immens succesfull with its Cléon-Fonte engine range resulting in a maximum of 385 bhp with it's C7K engine in the Renault R5 Maxi Turbo.
1700500436028.png

Back