Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Wet Cold and Miserable, thats just me, whats the weather like where you are?

pepper

Pepper The One and Only!
Its horribly wet, miserable and cold here! ME I'm not much different either, I came down with a rotten cold a week or so ago and its been getting at me ever since. I took the kids beating yesterday (another english sport :rolleyes:) they looked black and blue afterwards :shock:!!!

But it fair set me back, I've had another week of not doing anything whatsoever to BB as I've been so poorly and having to work has taken all my energy.

The fog has finally cleared and we can actually see the main road from our house again now, its only about 300 metres away but for the past three days you woudn't have known it was there.

..Watch out Pepper, you will get us all into trouble..

..Beating kids is certainly not an english sport that I get involved with but my Father used to dapple a bit - I remember getting the handle end of a number 2 iron golf club 6 time in great succession for going to the Savoy Cinema in Exmouth to see The Sinking of The Bismark in the early 60's when I was ten and had a serious case of chicken spots..Exmouth then became a hotspot for chicken spots and people from as far away as Whitehaven would rush down with their kids for the weekend to catch it, and get it out of the way before they got older and when complication set in.

So in some way, I am in a small part responsible for the health of our great nation, so as a way of saying thank you, please deposit £5 into my Absolutely National Building Society Account - 007 - 006 - 005 - 004 - 003 - 002 - 001

Its cold and damp here in SE21 as well, but Mrs S is rustling up some home made pumpkin soup from this home grown pumpkin which should keep us going for a month!! See if you can spot the pumpkin in this pic?

Thank you so much for the Vipers Pepper, as least I will now be able to get on with MY Project 007- 345- DC- Give/us/peace/in/our/time/for/the/sake/of/our/children etc

Which reminds me - Why couldnt the Viper vipe its nose?

.... 'Cause the Adder 'ad its 'andkerchief!!

Hows Ornella weathering life in Paradise Malcolm?

Home and away to you all..

• CIMG0008 e.jpg
    CIMG0008 e.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 143
its cold but dry here in Penzance.....
just watched mama mia and now going to watch return of the jedi

what a life...

ZZZZZzzzzzzz night

I had a very sociable day today. Went up to the Renault Classic Car Club AGM and met up with mr-reno-139 and Derek from Renospeed. Lovely bunch there. We had a nice lunch, and mr-reno and friends popped back to Paradise for a cup of tea on the way home.

Weather was miserable all day - dark, cold and rainy, so I didn't take Ornella out. She's tucked up in the garage at the moment being slowly rustproofed. At some point this week I'm going to have to organise some heating in the garage for her. (For me really).

Ok I should add that the children were actually Black with dirt and Bue with cold! Nowt to do with me honest!

No probbies with the wipers, I'm never the quickest at getting stuff posted but it always gets there in the end, trouble is the nearest PO to us is a 15 mile round trip these days, so its a bit of a chore to get it sorted out.

Yes it's darm miserable here in Wadebridge. The thought of crawling under the Renault in the damp cold, to weld the final two chassis plates on makes me shudder. It's not getting warmer in a hurry so I should stop moaning and do it. What I would do for a garage with a ramp and lots of heating!

Few days back the weather has been really unusual for this time of the year. Very warm and sunny. Today afternoon the rain started and look what I saw :)

01122008446smallsq4.jpg

It's been cold here for a couple of weeks. In case our hill gets snowy Mr B. bought a set of autosocks. Has anybody tried them and if so what do you think of them?

• frost.jpg
    frost.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 121
Here in Manche its been p*****g down with rain for about the last 6 weeks, it seems like a lot longer! Last night we had thunder, hail, and yet more rain.
I've got about a week's work to do on various vehicles, and we bought one of the few houses in Normandy with no outbuildings / barn / garage! Everything is covered in mud, a great excuse not to wash cars.
Ah well - back to the wallpapering - not one of my favourite jobs.:)

Bad Luck there, wallpapering is a horrid job!

Won't say I'm off up my workshop to give my bumpers another coat of paint in a minute then

Right now we have sunshine and 18 deg. C outside...

..Sunshine, 18 degrees and a bit of social unrest?

..Thats if our news is to believed..

Mind you I have always thought that rioting in the warm is far better that rioting in the cold - Thats why they never have riots in Norwayland!!

When did you last have a riot in Norway Reida?

• CIMG0776 c.jpg
    CIMG0776 c.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 36
Aye its why we always have riots around May time isn't it?

That way if you get water cannoned it isn't go to freeze you to death!

At last its stopped raining here!!:) Very sharp frost this morning instead.
Managed to get back brakes on Relay van sorted for CT, towbar fitted to J5, at last the list of jobs is beginning to decrease.
Fortunately the R4 keeps going, only annoying little faults to sort out - rotating gear knob being the most irritating - even the local scrapyards is out of 4's at the moment>

It's always this time of year I realise I've forgotten to move somewhere warm over the course of the year. Though the BBC has a useful temperature map of Europe and I see Norway is much colder.

Painting the underneath of Ornella is a slow business. Some primer went on this morning, but it's not dry yet. So out came the Mk2 version of my brambleator to beat a path through the brambles behind the garage and mend the chimney.

Nobody told me it was going to be so cold in France! We are almost in the blue bit! But it has been a lovely sunny day today and we are just seeing a fabulous sunset, the poplars silhouetted against bands of orange, gold and blue.

There's a little arrow at the bottom you can use to scroll forwards through the week if you want to know where that blue bit is heading. :eek:

Flatmate John was out cutting the lawn this afternoon for some reason. Not quite sure it it's a good idea to cut the lawn when it's frosty, but he seemed to be enjoying it.

Ah, lots of people think the sun shines here all the time, we have got some clients living nearby who were absolutely astonished to be told that we could not get out of the house for 3 days last winter due to the snow. The farther inland you are the colder it tends to get, hereabouts it often snows between Christmas and the New Year, lay in the supplies of hard tack and ships biscuit if you can't walk to the shops.:)

Back