Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

What happened on 27-05-08 at 03:30 AM?

Andy Sherlock

Enthusiast
Most users ever online was 187, 27-05-08 at 03:30 AM.
So what was happening at that time of the morning that attarcted so many users to get up and log on??????????

Could this be this week's competition?

It was 2.30 the morning after the Bank Holiday. So I reckon that everyone was coming in late in from doing fun things. :D

Ooooh! You are clever Mr Sherlock! Of course it was 3.30 as by May the clocks had changed to BST.

Perhaps it was a very hot night and nobody could sleep?

The forum counts all visitors in that stat - normally the high figures happen when we get an enthusiastic spider (search engine robot) on the forum making hundreds of requests an hour from lots of different addresses which look to the forum like they come from different people.

The spiders tend to crawl at night when the UK is less busy. Probably would have been the Yahoo spider - they are generally the most enthusiastic.

Don't forget UK time is an hour different from French time Bluebell. :D

I'm not clever really, just read it and took it as it says........ "Most users ever online was 187, 27-05-08 at 03:30 AM".
Thanks for the bit about spiders, I understand now (not).

Ah, I see! My computer says 2.30am as it's trying to integrate with the French. I always wondered why the time on my posts is two hours earlier than the actual time here. Lord Stanbury thinks that I'm a very active person who gets up very very early to reply to his posts.

Done that Malcolm thank you. I'm just posting this to see what time it says.

BTW while Lord Stanbury is away from the forum this week it gives us chance to think up some good answers!!! :rolleyes:

What's Lord S up to this week? I don't recall any holiday requests. :D

That sounds very enthusiastic. I'll look up the route to help guess the answers that involve working out where a photo was taken.

Not that many bidders Malcolm, just small increments. It'd be nearer for us to pick up, being about 150 miles south of us. Don't mind fetching it for a bit of petrol money! :cool:

I'll leave it a bit later to see what goes on. In the meantime I've emailed a French language course in Provence where it might be warmer than here at this time of year. Maybe I can pick it up while I'm there. Can you suggest any more French language courses (that cater for idiots) closer to the target using the French internet? (Oh hold on - it's only 20km away).

Still earlier in the meantime - how can a car that shiny not have a CT? And is it legal to drive home in a car without a CT so long as you are a foreigner?

What makes you so sure it's not got a CT? I don't think that even English people can drive a car without a CT! Without a CT it cannot be sold as a runner in France, just for parts. It should be sold with a CT of at least 18 months. So if it doesn't have a CT it would have to be trailered and reregistered in another country.

Don't count on it being too warm in Provence. Looking at this week's weather, it starts off a bit warmer in the mornings than here (9 as opposed to 5) but it isn't much warmer in the afternoons, here 13 and in Avignon 13-16. Not much warmer than Paradise in fact.

He didn't mention a CT in the ad. Maybe you could phone him to ask? - then I'll have transport and could visit on the way home unlike the last time when I passed over in an aeroplane and waved. Though I'm sure they'll not stop me for speeding on the way home, and should be fairly safe if I plead English.

I'm sure it'll be lovely in Provence. It was super in Italy last week and Provence is roughly the same distance away. Though are you still having the cold snap over there where it was freezing the grape pickers the other week?

It's very cold and wet in Paradise today. I'm about to start a fire.

I always thought it was illegal to sell a car without less than 18 months left on the CT?

Plus its an immediate 130 euro fine if caught driving without one.

But from what I've seen of french CT's they are more thorough than our MOT but tend to give you a list of what needs doing before the next ct, rather than outright failing the car.

Yes, we are having a cold wet snap. It was glorious last week with dark blue skies and hot sun in the afternoons (although a bit frosty in the mornings) but it's been wet and cold this week.

I rang about the car and the husband will be back about 9. So will ring again. Actually I had already emailed to ask so might get a reply.

If you go on your language course you too will be able to make phone calls in French!!!!

I think the course is only for 1 week. I'll still be baffled at the end of it, but it would be a step closer and I could tour France in the R4 later doing more 1 week courses.

Back