Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

..What would we call all these then..?

ian Stanbury

Enthusiast
..A gaggle of Vans?

Seems as though my Portuguese R4 agent Andre has been out with his camera again!!

• A gaggle of e.jpg
    A gaggle of e.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 199
  • what3 e.jpg
    what3 e.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 182
Brilliant. Are the vans still in use by a very cool fish salesman or are they historical photos? It would be interesting to know the story behind them.

I don't know the collective noun for multiple F4 vans. For some reason Porpoise sprang into my head, but that doesn't really work. La Poste were the most famous F4 owners, so maybe a poste of F4s? If they were Plein Airs they would be a "flap".

..God malcolm, all these questions..

..Best to ask Andre?

But I assume that the vans are as fresh as a Newlyn Pilchard but when in Lagos,(Portugal or Nigeria) beware of Spanish Pilchards bearing gifts...or mountains on money that you could help them get back into the real economy!!

Ps This is the original mould of 1966 Renault 4 before it was tweaked a bit!!

• CIMG3192.jpg
    CIMG3192.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 173
..And two of these?

..Reida will know as he is lucky to live in Scandanavialand

A ? of SAAB's Reida (Norwegian please)?

• CIMG3440 1 e.jpg
    CIMG3440 1 e.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 146
Other photos of multiple R4s spotted here (about halfway down the page, lots of photos so will take ages to load so I've linked them.

It's a scrapyard in the South of France positioned beside a lake. The cars look better than mine. Does anyone else find the double rear window in the F4 a little unusual?

DSC00386.jpg

DSC00387.jpg

Can't think how should we call the bunch of R4s but the place must be called "heaven".

The double side window seems to me an attempt to "fourgon-vitree-ise" a normal F4.

More like purgatory if you're a 4! Where is this place? I think I know where I', going on holiday next!

This particular piece of heaven in France is Rolland Casse Auto,
which is just outside Venes, near Realmont. That's in Dept 81 Tarn, north of Castres, northeast of Toulouse.
05 63 75 91 94

Back