Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

whats my restored F4's value ??? **look**

mike4gtl

Mad many would insit upon
just finnished the restoration of my lovely 1971 r4 f4 van 100% original passed mot with no trouble mint bonnet and wings, early gear box (2cv type gear selection) also i think it has a high ratio gearbox possibly because its a van, so i know these are sort after especially in this condition what do you r4 folk think its worth not that im thinking of selling it, i just want an ammout so i know what to insure it for.

would like another tax exempt van to do now would consider an lhd 1

• SSA50383.JPG
    SSA50383.JPG
    187.1 KB · Views: 543
  • SSA50385.JPG
    SSA50385.JPG
    188.7 KB · Views: 536
  • SSA50386.JPG
    SSA50386.JPG
    185.7 KB · Views: 535
Oooh - looks nice. Quite a lot I'd guess. What did the restoration involve? That's the key thing for value.

There are so few restored R4s around (for restored read chassis done so a lot of years left in them and nice paint) that it's difficult to be exact. I know for a fact that yellow saloons with big dents in the back sell for a couple of thousand. Without the big dent they should be selling for three thousand plus. Renospeed's prices seem to support this.

Wouldn't expect a lot of difference between car and van prices - at least not for restored ones. There are so few cars around now that have been restored (5 to 10 in the UK I think) that it's a sellers market. I'd estimate 3 to 3.5k depending on what you've done to the chassis. F4s are cooler than F6 vans which helps.

add on to listing

the chassis was not bad enough to need to remove the body, the van was taked off the road in 1989 and put under dry storage where it sat until late 2006 when i bought it. ive rebuilt the engine totally, renospeed even supplied some parts, examoned inside the gearbox.
The bodywork was stripped right back and primed sanded and sprayed, they are the original wings which were sand blasted as were the wheels, however i did source a brand spanking new bonnet for *free* new rad
All i lack is the rear door (not upper) seals and front mud flaps and some nice crome bumpers as i sand blasted this off.

Back