Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Window catch

SteveW

Enthusiast
Sometime in the past week a window catch has been knocked off our Renault 4 :( Does anybody know where I might be able to get one please? Cream colour knob, to fit on a GTL, registered 1985.

Many thanks for any help!

I looked in the der Franzose catalogue and they have them. If you go to their website and put in the article number 87107 or 87093 you can see if that's what you're looking for. A bit pricey at 19Euro so maybe try and get one second hand.
When I bought my car 3 were missing and there's only one left, so I just slide the windows shut and hope that no one notices.

Thanks mojobaby

Had a look on that website - yes, they are a bit pricey, and sadly not in stock either.

I was looking around the car breakers last week, for the same reason, one of my window catches fell apart. There were several R4's still with their sliding windows in place. I guess the cost of posting back to the UK would make the second hand option too expensive ( even though a window and knob would probably cost about 5 euros).
SeaKayaker

Hi SeaKayaker

I'd be happy to pay for the whole window and knob if someone could then seperate the two and post me just the knob.

Hi Steve..I live in France and have access to a couple of scapyards !
My first advice is forget the German parts dealer. They are far too dear and their delivery charge is ridiculous.
Let me know exactly your requirements and I'm sure I can find you one.
I assume it's the interior window knob you are looking for !It's just the colour
cream that evades me, I thought that they were all black. You learn something
every day.
You can contact me direct by e.mail if you like :-
jeandecombret@yahoo.fr
Regards....Thibault. :

Sometime in the past week a window catch has been knocked off our Renault 4 :( Does anybody know where I might be able to get one please? Cream colour knob, to fit on a GTL, registered 1985.

Many thanks for any help!

Is this what you need? If so, PM me your address and I will stick it in a padded envelope and post it to you. It screws onto a threaded pad stuck to the glass.

• DSCF1854.jpg
    DSCF1854.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 156
I might have a spare and am berkshire based if that helps ?

That would be great - I'm Berkshire-based as well, near Pangbourne, so if you're near by I could come and collect. It's just the glue on type.

Thanks

Steve

I might have a spare and am berkshire based if that helps ?

Is this what you need? If so, PM me your address and I will stick it in a padded envelope and post it to you. It screws onto a threaded pad stuck to the glass.

Didn't realise they screwed into the pad - assumed it was just a metal disc that stuck to the rubber pad on the glass. Are there two types?

I don't think so. I replaced my old metal framed windows with newer plastic framed ones and they fitted just the same. What is left on the glass in your car?

Then you have also lost the mounting that is bonded onto the glass. Not sure what you can do about that, apart from getting a secondhand window glass with the right mount fitted. I assume that you have plastic window frames, glasses from the metal frames aren't interchangeable, I don't think, so the glasses that I have are probably no good to you..

Andrew - your 'stored private message quota' is full again, so I can't reply to your PM from earlier this evening.

Cheers

Steve

This is a reminder to put a dab of Loctite on your window catches, just had one of mine spring to pieces in my hand, and on checking the others all three had come almost fully unscrewed.

Back