Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Wings and doors

Mr Webb

Enthusiast
Hi all- I have recently got my R4 back on the road after having it tipped over by some 'yoofs'. Now purring away but need to replace damaged driver-side wing and front and rear doors. Car is white...be great if anyone has some for sale or just feels generous. Thanks

• IMG_20180121_095452.jpg
    IMG_20180121_095452.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 4
Mr Webb
It's difficult to tell from your photo, but if your car has this type of door (internal hinges, plastic embellishers at the bottom), I may be able to help. Do you need a front as well as a rear wing?
Lovely dogs, by the way!
R4 door.JPG

Mr Webb
It's difficult to tell from your photo, but if your car has this type of door (internal hinges, plastic embellishers at the bottom), I may be able to help. Do you need a front as well as a rear wing?
Lovely dogs, by the way!
View attachment 20528
Hi Andy - thanks for your response - here's some better pictures of the damaged areas (no dogs in these pictures) - my gut feeling is your doors aren't the same type though... which is a shame...

IMG_20180224_124923.jpg

Hi Andy - thanks for your response - here's some better pictures of the damaged areas (no dogs in these pictures) - my gut feeling is your doors aren't the same type though... which is a shame...

View attachment 20538
The offside rear door I have would be the right type hinge-wise, but because of the plastic mouldings, doors like the one in the picture I sent you have a series of rivets on them at the base.
Compare these:

https://www.4l-land.com/products/porte-droite-4l-clan/ (with rivets)

https://www.4l-land.com/products/porte-droite-4l-derniere-generation/ (without rivets - like yours. Worth checking with the seller, though).

The important thing is that the doors should have internal hinges, not like the earlier external ones in this picture:PICT0014 (50).JPG

Hope you find what you need soon - sorry I can't help.

Back