Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

wire dangling from waterpump-temp.sensor ???

reidalpine

Enthusiast
Roffen assembled and working,just need to mount bonnet and connect lights,
but due to some changes (shorter wires etc) I can't seem to find out Where
the wire now dangling from the temp.sensor on waterpump should connect to...
(It's for the overheating warning light in the speedo-console)
Oh-and It is a single wire.. On the end I need locating it has an horizontal 90 degr.
angeled shielded male-connector..

Should it connect to (One of the female ends on that 3-pin connector dangling in
front of firewall above the oil-filter ??

Have tried looking on ALL the wire-diagrams in Haynes,but can't seem to locate
-Any/All help appreciated -R.

Hello Reid, on both my cars, the 845 and my GTL, the wire from the temp sensor enters a cluster of wires that have been taped together and from there they go directly to the back of the instrument panel.

There is no connector along the way; it is one straight unbroken wire.

However, when i looked at a wiring diagram, the wire from the temperature sensor, as well as the wire from the oil pressure sensor, both go to the back of the same warning light on the instrument panel.

Your set up may be completely different, but this info might give you an idea where to look. Perhaps the oil pressure sensor wire has a connector on it?

I also have a 3 pin connector dangling in the middle of nowhere, so I don't think its that.

Hi there Mojo-Thanx for response. I don't seem to have one long wire going all the way to inst.panel (at least I can't find it)
so I am still at a loss here. I Hate having to draw wires criss-crossing all over,they attract both attention from anoraks and
magpies........................... -Reid.

I've sent you 2 photos. The first shows the connection at the waterpump. The thin red wire is encased in a black tube. It travels over the top of the engine.
in the second photo you can see the black tube at the tip of my middle finger. You can see all the wires are then taped together and travel behind the engine and then to the back of the instrument panel.
The green wire, top left, is from the oil pressure sensor, and this also joins in to the taped batch
Good luck!
IMGP1323.JPG
IMGP1325.JPG

Hi again Mojo! Thanx for the images I'll look into this tomorrow after scooting over to Sweden to collect my new K&N airfilter.. -R.

Back