Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

With regret, Lady Marmalade back on the market... ****UPDATED WITH PRICE****

Jotter

Enthusiast
After nearly 4 very happy years, it's my time to sell and let her go to a happy new home... I just can't afford to run 2 cars any more.

This is the original thread when I bought her, which can tell you far more about her past then I ever could.

http://www.renault4.co.uk/forum/thr...-sale-very-sorted-c-reg-gtl-new-chassis.5595/

I'm just testing interest at the moment, but can provide current photos or any additional info on request.

Thanks for reading.

After nearly 4 very happy years, it's my time to sell and let her go to a happy new home... I just can't afford to run 2 cars any more.

This is the original thread when I bought her, which can tell you far more about her past then I ever could.

http://www.renault4.co.uk/forum/thr...-sale-very-sorted-c-reg-gtl-new-chassis.5595/

I'm just testing interest at the moment, but can provide current photos or any additional info on request.

Thanks for reading.
Hello,
Just happened upon your posting on the R4 site and wondered if your car was still for sale? If so could you tell me a little more information please, such as is she MOT'd and what you're asking for her? Also where abouts are you located - I'm in Devon myself and am looking for another R4 having lost mine eons ago to the dreaded tinworm.

Hello,

Yes she's still for sale.

I'm taking her for an MOT on Friday, obviously once I know how she gets on I'll be able to give you more information.

I'm in North Somerset, just off Jtn 19 of the M5 so not too far from you.

I have had a bit of interest but I'll be sure to keep everyone updated. Thanks.

where did I say that?? :D

She's just in the garage getting a front upper suspension bush changed, then she'll be for sale with a 12 month MOT.

I'll update this thread with photo's, details & price.

Thank you everyone who's expressed an interest, thanks for your patience and watch this space...

Oops, sorry. That was a price quoted by her previous owner in an old post. Apologies.

Hello all.

This lovely little car is now for sale with 12 months MOT (no advisories).

Just to re-cap, the previous owner fitted her with a new custom built chassis. The engine is in great condition, starts every time. The interior is also really good, she was fitted with an i-pod dock, but I have the original radio/tape player to be re-fitted.

The only attention she will need to make her perfect are the surface rust bubbles on the exterior and the slightly scruffy wheels, if any car merits a beautiful re-spray its this one, but unfortunately my plan to win the lottery never quite materialised! But someone will enjoy making her perfect again, she deserves it.

She comes with lots of spare parts.

I'm asking for £3000, feel free to message me if you'd like any more info.

Thanks for reading.

Advertise it (free) on my website, if you like.

Thankyou, I will, just need to sort photos. I know there are a few other free sites to put her on, and e-bay too of course. It's always too bright to use my phone camera. I've got her out on the road and she's generated tons of interest but the uninformed fanciers seemed shocked at the price :)

Thankyou, I will, just need to sort photos. I know there are a few other free sites to put her on, and e-bay too of course. It's always too bright to use my phone camera. I've got her out on the road and she's generated tons of interest but the uninformed fanciers seemed shocked at the price :)

I am shocked at the prices most Renault 4s go for, or at least, their owners are expecting to get for them. For the money I am expecting to pay for a tatty Renault 4, I could buy a really clean and rust free Citroen C1 or even keep the immaculate Peugeot 206 we already own, but old cars are just that. Nostalgia, amusement and rekindling what we once owned. There's no rationale nor commonsense to it. It's one of those "If you need to ask, you simply don't get it" situations.

Hello Phillip. Yes she is still for sale, for now. I have someone interested who likes her very much (how could you not :)) and is having a think about an offer, so he must take priority.

Depending on his response, I may also have someone coming this weekend. So you'd be very welcome to come and have a look if you like, and if two or more are wanting her I'd accept the best offer, as stated she's extremely sound but not cosmetically perfect.

I see you're not too far away...If you'd like my phone number, just drop me a private message. Thanks.

Hello Phillip. Yes she is still for sale, for now. I have someone interested who likes her very much (how could you not :)) and is having a think about an offer, so he must take priority.

Depending on his response, I may also have someone coming this weekend. So you'd be very welcome to come and have a look if you like, and if two or more are wanting her I'd accept the best offer, as stated she's extremely sound but not cosmetically perfect.

I see you're not too far away...If you'd like my phone number, just drop me a private message. Thanks.

Hi

Thanks very much for your reply. Looks like a great car so I am sure you have had lots of interest. Unfortunately I am away at the moment until next week but let me know if the other interest does not work out and I will come and take a look.

Good luck

Hello, yes she is. I'm away for a week now, but when I'm back you'd be welcome to come and have a look.

Back