Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Would you believe it?

question is, which one came better off?

I believe it was a photo of a crashed R4 and 2CV - Though why it has been removed I have no idea - unless it was for breach of copyright. :rolleyes:

this happens alot, i have the photo. they both look equally bad however i think the 2cv came off worse by a whisker, albeit the 2cv is worth more being a rare ripple bonnet 1954 model

Whats all the fuss about?

All I wanted to know was has anyone ever seen one of these monster Caterpillars in the flesh - a Hawk Moth caterpillar apparently...

Crashed R4 and 2CV and copyrighted photo - whats all that about?

• CIMG5151 e.jpg
    CIMG5151 e.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 150
  • CIMG5152 e.jpg
    CIMG5152 e.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 142
  • CIMG5155 e.jpg
    CIMG5155 e.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 146
yep, came across one a few weeks back. Big fella. Also saw a hawkmoth three years back at 6am buzzing around some catnip. Amazing looking thing. I thought it was a humming bird.

Ian be careful, they will eat all the trus beams at le moulin bodin. They have already eaten through two of our fence posts in the back garden causing me alot un-nessacary
work

In the interest of accuracy Team

I spoke to my friend David Attenborough last night, (I beg your pardon, Sir David Attenborough), an authority I think you will agree knows what he is talking about and he tells me that in fact that monster is the 4th stage caterpillar of a Deathshead Hawkmoth and is as rare as rocking horse poo.

He also went on to tell me that the moth loves honey and raids bee hives, and would feel totally at home at a Def Leppard or Guns n Roses concert (if you could call such a noise a concert) but wouldn't be seen dead at a Fleetwood Mac concert - nor would I (be seen dead that is, rather than be at a Fleetwood Mac concert).

Sir David also tells me he has had 4 Renault 4's in his lifetime and they were the best car he ever had, so there is a pretty solid recommendation!!

I would have put up some photos of the Deathshead Hawkmoth but as Captain Van Rouge reminded us all, putting up copyrighted photos is a crime, so I have decided to obey the law, so you will all now have to waste the world resources turning on your 'puters and Google searching Deathshead Hawkmoth to understand what I am talking about.

As threads without photos are like say. a meal without wine, a day without night, a spring without summer, a birthday without a cake etc, (HINT HINT) here is a photo of my old Woods RM48 3 link mower that I have just flogged for 50 euros on Leboncoin - Not quite as interesting as a photo Deathshead Hawkmoth I think you will agree?

• CIMG5004 e.jpg
    CIMG5004 e.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 126
Back