Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

WTD speedo cable

montenegro

Enthusiast
can anyone help with a speedo cable, clipsa type for a gtl BUT it's longer than the usual 155cm having a 5 speed box the original wont reach ! most renault cables have the same fittings but I just cannot find one that's around 170cm long

how about making one ? There are companies which can produce you any type of cable, just need to know the connectors type, lenght etc. I made front wheel hand brake cables for my R4 and it cost me 20 euro for a pair here in Poland.

If you send pictures of both endings and info about required length I could ask the company about the price.

Can I suggest you check out Speedy Cables, they made a clutch cable for my RHD GTL. They have a web site. Very good people to deal with.

Just an idea but think rhd cable may be longer
I have got loads of odd speedo cables but not accessible imediatly
Speedy cables aren't cheap got quoted 75 for clutch cable and recently found a box with loads in so used one of those instead

I take your point about Speedy Cables' prices, I paid £80 for the clutch cable but as RHD ones are no longer available I had no choice Paul. Have you tried De Franzose Montenegro for your speedo cable? They list one at 177cm long, I'm not sure though if the speedo end is what you want.

if you had put a wanted ad on here i would have sold you one of the six new clutch cables i found not long ago in my old stock
Yes iwas aware they are no longer available

Back