Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Zenith 28IF

This is not 28IF that was used on R4 but process is the same.

Good find. I was looking for something similar long time ago but no luck!

Ah thanks Petak, I shall ensure I don't follow it exactly then... plan to start my carb strip down later today.. see how dirty it is..

WOW ! I have just stripped my carb down, cleaned it very well and replaced the main jet and all the gaskets, replaced the throttle cable and fuel filter and she drives so much better, more responsive, pulls and idles very smooth - well worth the two hours spent doing it and not much spent in terms of money to make it a lot better.
When I opened the carb there was quite a lot of crud in the float chamber, the main gasket was shoot as was the diaphragm in the side housing. So it's an easy job and would recommend doing it...

Last edited:
Hi got mine from franzose, might of been a little more pricey, but ordered the throttle cable as well. Off out in a mo for a longer run...

Just been out for 25miles and wow its totally different, smoother, quieter and smoother on the run down and de acceleration, pulled smoothly through the gears on a flat road and pulled up to an indicated 125kmh a first. I leaned up the mixture post the carb refit and backed the idle down this seems to have helped as well. All in all a good day..Happy motoring folks

Got my parts at the local dealer stony Renault here in Denmark. Was about 20 pounds for the parts. Now it takes half an hour to pull apart, clean and reassemble

Also just contacted Stony Renault. Ordering a kit for Zenith V05...
Thanks for the tip.

Got my parts at the local dealer stony Renault here in Denmark. Was about 20 pounds for the parts. Now it takes half an hour to pull apart, clean and reassemble

Hello there

Sorry for hijacking your post but have been trying to contact Stony Renault by email (no Danish!) but email keeps getting returned. I am after an overhaul kit for a Zenith 28If I have just purchased for another forum member and would rather have a genuine Renault one (not available in Uk apparently)

Just wondered if you might be able to help?

Many thanks

Lianne

Hello there

Sorry for hijacking your post but have been trying to contact Stony Renault by email (no Danish!) but email keeps getting returned. I am after an overhaul kit for a Zenith 28If I have just purchased for another forum member and would rather have a genuine Renault one (not available in Uk apparently)

Just wondered if you might be able to help?

Many thanks

Lianne

Lianne what parts are you looking to replace
Regards Richard

Try his phone number and ask for an email that doesn't get returned. He has one that works and speaks English for what I know

Back