Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Zenith 32IF setting

Pavel

Enthusiast
Hi, have you any idea, how to set the fuel level in the float chamber? My Zenith 32IF starts quite good and runs nice in the at idle thrust. However it pops to carb, when I increase speed. :confused: Interestingly, the problem occurred suddenly. Pavel

It sounds to me like a blocked main jet Pavel. The float level setting can't go wrong suddently.

Carb

I had the same problem.Today I took the advice of someone on this forum and checked the pinhole in the metal pipe near the auto advance .The hole was blocked I cleared it out and the car runs much better.
The Zenith 32mm carb is a great improvement over the 28mm Zenith.
Gary

Hi friends, thank you, I cleaned the carb and it seems be OK. I am pleased to read the praise for the Zenith 32IF, unfortunately I haven´t got any service data (settings) for it. There is no mention in the Haynes manual, or in other english or german books, what I bought.

From the Haynes manual for the Renault 5 (Zenith 32IF7):
Throttle opening at full choke: 0.9mm
Accelerator pump stroke: 22.9mm

That's it. For all the rest I'd guess the R4 28IF settings would be a good start.

Glad it's working again. :D

What settings do you need Pavel? I have the latest Haynes and it has them.

What settings do you need Pavel? I have the latest Haynes and it has them.
Hi angel, I collect the informations step by step (I have some settings from you as well). I would like know, how to set the floating chamber level. I am in mountings to ski now, so I will sort and complete my knowledges next week. Is the Zenith 32 basically similar to Zenith 28?
Greetings from snowy mountains Pavel :smile:

From the Haynes manual for the Renault 5 (Zenith 32IF7):
Throttle opening at full choke: 0.9mm
Accelerator pump stroke: 22.9mm

That's it. For all the rest I'd guess the R4 28IF settings would be a good start.

Glad it's working again. :D

Hi Malcolm, thank you very much. Pavel

The float level is set as follows:
With the float and the gasket removed from the top cover, measure the distance between the gasket face and the float valve check ball. It should be 11.85-12.05 mm. The ball must not be pressed.
If the height is a little higher, screw the float valve a little tighter, if it is lower replace the sealing washer with a new one and start again. If the difference is rather big, try another washer or two of them. You can use standard copper sealing washers found at hardware stores.

The 32IF is a different, more sophisticated carburettor than the 28IF, they have nothing in common.

Greetings from sunny, warm Greece :-)

Hi Angel, I bought the book POCKET MECHANIC VEHICLE MANUAL (Peter Russek Manuals) from England. There is something about Zenith 32IF in the book. Actually the R4 is running very good, it starts immediately and runs 120 km/h. However there is noise as in a train :p .
Greetings from sunny Prague Pavel

Back