Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Zenith 32IF........

Hmm, wish I had spoken to you first, but never mind. It says in the advert accurate to .5, not as good as the one the MOT man uses but good enough for what I want I think if that is the case. I'll let you know how I get on.

The gas analyser worked well, I got a reading of 2.5, with the engine running happily, so even with the plus or minus .5 the engine is still within the limits for the mot. I've opened up the main jet too, couldn't resist Steve, to 1.1mm. On a long run last weekend, round trip of 600+miles, it returned a bit over 38 mpg, not fantastic but I'm happy with that. I can cruise nearer 70 than 60 now so I get to overtake stuff now and then.:D

I opened my one up to 1.1 too and also experienced the same cruising speed and acceleration was really good. I did manage to get it to 90mph on the A11 dual carriageway once just to test it and it didn't take too long to get there either. Sounds as if you're on the right track to squeeze a little more from it ;)

I touched 80 in it last weekend during a passing manoeuvre, a bod in a modern car who didn't like being passed by an old car and thought he would accelerate. I had a bit in reserve though. Why do people do that? I've just reinstated the emissions pipework which I had blanked off until now so I probably need to recheck my readings on the analyser again. As you say Steve, a bit more squeezing required.;)

Back