Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

1985 Renault 4 GTL 1108cc

Hi Rich, sorry to say that plans for a Somerset get-together have fallen by the wayside for now. Mark (firstandbest) mentioned it this weekend at the Kent gathering, and it's still in renault4mads' and mine minds to do something isn't it Andrew, so watch this space for next year in the spring. Nice picture of your car Rich in beautiful surroundings. Regards Brian.

Exmoor meet would be good :)

Good to see Marigold on Sunday, although sorry didn't get to say hello Brian.

Hopefully see you at the BBQ!

Hi Jonathan, yes sorry we didn't get to say hi, saw your car but didn't spot you. You took some nice pictures. Hope to catch up with you in the near future.
Guess we had better start planning for Exmoor weekend. Regards Brian.

Thanks Brian. Glad you liked the photos. Hopefully it won't be too long before another event! Best wishes, Jonathan

Driving to work today the back box fell off! I have repaired it and fixed it back on the car. The reason it fell off is the exhaust pipe that travels the length of the car had rotted out, it this long pipe available anywhere?

Hmmm another problem, starting motor failed today, old one out, new one ordered!

4c7d3ea7.jpg

Hi Rich, long time no chat. I guess you managed to get a new exhaust pipe, still available aren't they? I resently had a stainless system made up, worth considering if you are planning to keep the car for a while. Did you manage to sorce the starter-motor locally? Regards Brian.

Hi Brian, been busy working on the Barndoor, it's now MOT'd :cool:

Haven't found a replacement for the exhaust, are they still available? I will need one cos the repair is starting to blow a bit...

Found a new/recond starter on eBay!

How's your r4 and bay?

Cheers
Rich

Hi Rich, glad to hear you have the Barndoor on the road, just in time for some cruising eh? We've not used our Bay much this year I'm sorry to say but the 4 has racked up some mileage lately, trip to France, and Kent last weekend, I'm going to give her a rest now though, got a few jobs planned. The mild-steel exhausts are still available, send renault4mad a pm, he should be able to get one for you, or simply try your local exhaust supplier. You might be pleasantly surprised. No trouble finding a starter-motor then?

Cheers Brian.

Hi Rich, glad to hear you have the Barndoor on the road, just in time for some cruising eh? We've not used our Bay much this year I'm sorry to say but the 4 has racked up some mileage lately, trip to France, and Kent last weekend, I'm going to give her a rest now though, got a few jobs planned. The mild-steel exhausts are still available, send renault4mad a pm, he should be able to get one for you, or simply try your local exhaust supplier. You might be pleasantly surprised. No trouble finding a starter-motor then?

Cheers Brian.

Thanks Brian I have pm'd renault4mad, Andrew is getting the parts numbers for me.

Out with the old...

fa0720b0.jpg

All fitted and what a huge difference, barely turn the key and boom it's started!

Andrew is a very helpful chap, so you shouldn't have a problem once you've got the part numbers. Did you get the starter-motor at a local motor factors? Just wondering incase I need to get one in the future.

Andrew is a very helpful chap, so you shouldn't have a problem once you've got the part numbers. Did you get the starter-motor at a local motor factors? Just wondering incase I need to get one in the future.

He certainly is! Thanks for pointing me in Andrews direction. Andrew was able to give me the numbers and suggested I contacted Prideaux Renault in Barnstaple. Once they realised Andrew had sent me they were very helpful and I got the front 3 parts of the exhaust on order. The back box was very expensive but I got one off eBay today for £100 less including p&p!

I got the starter from eBay too, there are a few for sale but only one had the same part number Ducellier 534032 A. Worth keeping an eye out for one.

Hi Rich, I'm glad you got fixed up, and now you can enjoy your 4 again. This is the great thing about the forum, there is always someone out there who can help out with advice.

Thanks Brian!

Here's the new exhaust set up, both the eBay seller and Prideaux have been superb delivering very quickly!

7d64dbd1.jpg

Just got to fing time to fit it now, in between kitting out the inside of the Barndoor

Glad you got it sorted

Hi there Rich, are you giving the Barndoor a period look, or surf scene and all that, or are you going modern. It must be nice to have a blank canvas to work with.:cool:

Glad you got it sorted

Many thanks for your help Andrew! Mark said your the man for service parts so I will be in touch at some point!

Hi there Rich, are you giving the Barndoor a period look, or surf scene and all that, or are you going modern. It must be nice to have a blank canvas to work with.:cool:

It's gonna be period, I have a nice early repop Devon interior...

Here are the door and kick panels I made.

609a02cd.jpg

And test fitting the interior, needs lots of fettling...

f0d0f146.jpg

That's looking very good Rich, it couldn't be anything else but period could it, with it being such a classic camper. I think I mentioned before, our 72 Bay has a Devon interior, all original woodwork, and now 40 years old. Power to your elbow my friend, you are doing a great job.:cool:

Thanks Brian, original woodwork all the way ;-)

Look what I found In a Super U...

c4c8eb3f54d2d7e9c841ee600438fefb.jpg

Unfortunately some of that 40 year old wood has seen better days, as the windows in the high-top have let water in so now I've had to remove some rather soggy chip-board. Hey ho, the joys of camper ownership. That was a good find at the SuperU though.

Back