Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

I’ve got my dream car. Erm van.

First off all - a very warm welcome! :clapping:And, we all love photos!

I'm sure we members here can help you to get her registered. Does the need work?

First off all - a very warm welcome! :clapping:And, we all love photos!

I'm sure we members here can help you to get her registered. Does the need work?

Hi! Thank you!
Well she was running until last week I’ve been told but no only starts with petrol put down the carb. Other than that she’s ready to go!

Welcome Jason, and what a beautiful F4 with the nice round curves.
There's lots of info about importing into the UK.
Regards, Joop

Welcome Jason,
Firstly order "used vehicle import pack" ....

https://forms.dft.gov.uk/order-dvla-forms/

it's 8th one down the list (but that could change)
Your pack will arrive with guidance notes, and after reading these, you will understand that half the questions DO NOT APPLY TO RENAULT 4s that are more than ten years old.
Make a copy of the application form to practice on. Be careful with the original - it is carbon-sensitive.
Quite straight forward AS LONG AS YOU ARE IN POSSESSION OF THE ORIGINAL REGISTRATION DOCUMENT CLEARLY DISPLAYING DATE OF FIRST REGISTRATION. Bill of sale also handy, but not essential.
Prepare car for testing.
Raise insurance cover-note on v.i.n. (some companies will give you just 30 days before demanding U.K. index number!)
Take car for test on v.i.n.
Make copies of everything for YOUR RECORDS.
Send originals to DVLA (it's your choice to send via Royal Mail, but I always use the counter service at Swansea),
And don't forget ... best writing,
Good Luck,
N.

Welcome Jason,
Firstly order "used vehicle import pack" ....

https://forms.dft.gov.uk/order-dvla-forms/

it's 8th one down the list (but that could change)
Your pack will arrive with guidance notes, and after reading these, you will understand that half the questions DO NOT APPLY TO RENAULT 4s that are more than ten years old.
Make a copy of the application form to practice on. Be careful with the original - it is carbon-sensitive.
Quite straight forward AS LONG AS YOU ARE IN POSSESSION OF THE ORIGINAL REGISTRATION DOCUMENT CLEARLY DISPLAYING DATE OF FIRST REGISTRATION. Bill of sale also handy, but not essential.
Prepare car for testing.
Raise insurance cover-note on v.i.n. (some companies will give you just 30 days before demanding U.K. index number!)
Take car for test on v.i.n.
Make copies of everything for YOUR RECORDS.
Send originals to DVLA (it's your choice to send via Royal Mail, but I always use the counter service at Swansea),
And don't forget ... best writing,
Good Luck,
N.

Thank you!!!
I’ve got the original bit of paperwork that says the date of first registration and the insurance is sorted out. I’ll get the old girl booked for an mot now then! :)

Hi Jason, Fergats do suit the 4, but they are usually painted silver with black inserts, although on my car I've gone for the all silver look.

• 20180503_122300.jpg
    20180503_122300.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 0
Thank you!!!
I’ve got the original bit of paperwork that says the date of first registration and the insurance is sorted out. I’ll get the old girl booked for an mot now then! :)

You're welcome buddy & if you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to post.
Re: the wheels you've been offered. If the asking price is fair, I would certainly consider them for "a rainy day".
Keep up the good work. N.

I still have my NOS unused Fergat's 5,5" wide up for swop with same in 4,5" Had hoped to attend 4L Internt'l in Thenay but as wife's
vacation starts the day After(!) Thenay ,It seems we might be missing it...:mad:

-or do I just leave her at home ??

-Reid.

I still have my NOS unused Fergat's 5,5" wide up for swop with same in 4,5" Had hoped to attend 4L Internt'l in Thenay but as wife's
vacation starts the day After(!) Thenay ,It seems we might be missing it...:mad:

-or do I just leave her at home ??

-Reid.
Hèy -Reid,
If your wife browses this forum, then I believe YOU ARE SKATING ON THIN ICE !!
N.

Last edited:
Hi Jason - I feel your pain, get in touch if you need any parts advice.

Jason welcome to the Forum.
If you would like the Parts manual in PDF format let me have your email address and I will send to you.
Regards
Tom

Back