Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

My first Renault 4

Eccles60

First Renault 4 after 40 years waiting
Finally got the 4 out! Brought him back from London to Solihull back in March and he's been stuck in the garage ever since. It runs well but I'm still bothered by a possible head gasket issue - I had oozing hose connections after the long run last March. At Paul Cunningham's suggestion I'm going to check for a hiss from the expansion bottle cap when it's all cooled down tomorrow (I noticed a couple of very small bubbles just after I'd backed it out of the garage). On the positive, the fan kicked in after a couple of minutes when it was hot.

I love driving this thing; feels nicely quirky without being an embarrassment (despite the colour?) - unlike a lot of underpowered and old classic cars.

Happy Renault-ing!

Mark Bradbury

IMG_20190630_154812063_HDR.jpg

• IMG_20190630_154402005.jpg
    IMG_20190630_154402005.jpg
    368.2 KB · Views: 1
Photos of car look good enough for a brochure, colour suits the personality of 4s to a T, lovely, happy miles

Did look at buying this vehicle so I would have an F4 and GTL in same colour.
Sadly timing was not good. Enjoy.

• DSC00582.JPG
    DSC00582.JPG
    257.6 KB · Views: 1
Did look at buying this vehicle so I would have an F4 and GTL in same colour.
Sadly timing was not good. Enjoy.

Thanks, I am. Nice F4, by the way. Lovely colour (of course). Are you in the London area?

Well well - just love that colour - drive on :clapping:

Thanks, nice of you to say so - much appreciated. I'm really surprised how much attention this little car gets, much more than many other cars which, on the face of it, should possibly get the comments but no, it's the Quatrelle.

Thanks, nice of you to say so - much appreciated. I'm really surprised how much attention this little car gets, much more than many other cars which, on the face of it, should possibly get the comments but no, it's the Quatrell
Yeah I know - and I thought it was me that was the sexy one not my car :dontknow:

Back