Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

4L International 2019.

Thenay is fantastic. I went there last time in 2017.
I travelled from Australia to be there.*
The setting is a race track and the surrounding villages are quaint and appealing. Food is great in the villages and available on site. Lots of camping areas.
There are literally hundreds of R4s of every level of mobility from heavy patina to concours. Oh and a few immobile!
There are many vendors of used parts in a swap meet setting as well as a couple of sellers of new and reproduction parts.
The motivation is infectious. If you have a Renault 4 or are a friend of an owner, the place is a magnet. What people have done to these humble cars will impress you.
If you can. GO!

*There was a map of Europe and a marker to show where you had come from.
I had to attach a post it note at th very bottom!

See you in two weeks!

Think I'm close to ready; van is serviced, I've found a promising looking French scrapyard for Twingo bits and I just need to stick some stuff in the van and we're ready!

Me and a friend will drive from Denmark and hopefully be down there during friday. Is the camp site at the race track included in the price?
Regards
Niels

Regarding payment per bank transfer; do you then just show up at the entrance and is allowed in? (I've already paid, but recieved no ticket or anything :) ).
See you down there if we survive the very intense drive the first 1½ day.

I decided not to pre book and will sort my ticket when I arrive. It's slightly more expensive that way but paying by bank transfer last time just seemed hard work! But yes, as far as I can recall camping is included in a weekend ticket price.

Thanks! I gather they have my name in some system when I get down there then. See you guys there!
I'm on +45 50904798 and will bring danish beer and 'hygge'.

Yep, Raphael says we just have to show up, then it's going to be sorted :)
Then I hope the R4 runs as well as for three weeks ago on it's last long trip.

It was much the same where we were Jim, quite unbearable at times. Robert has gone home now, and I've traveled north west a bit and am now in Argentat in the Dordogne. Not much cooler here.

Hello all,

As @Jimthevan said, lots of pics please!

I’m stuck in a different country to my GTL at the mo and need some R4 in my life, even if vicariously :rolleyes:

Have a great time and don’t buy anything I wouldn’t....

Best wishes, Simon.

Back