Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

R1126 information.

edwin

Enthusiast
Gentlemen. We have acquired a 1972 R1126 R4 Basic. It appears from the documents and its history to have done about 8000 miles only.
Structuraly its perfect, there is rust in the footwells because the window rubbers have perished. But other than that and the fact its been under cover and stationary a long time, its all there and in refettleable condition.
Does any one have any info on that model. I think the motor is 782cc(?) but not sure.
Oval plate says R1126, next line 100 next line 31953
The diamond plate says Billancourt, then R1126 and below 0233022

I see info on other models but not 1126, so any help gratefully received. Thanks in anticipation, Edwin

I would refer you to la4ldesylvie.fr and the excellent table contained therein which states R1126 built between 1971 and 1982 with an 839-06 engine. Very worthwhile site for you to review at your leisure.
839 engines had a capacity of 782cc. Bore 55.8mm and stroke of 80mm.
Hope this of some help

Thanks for that .Great I have read it and that's a start, I see its place now. .Is there any info anywhere on the engine performance, fuel consumption, speed, acceleration or otherwise with 27 horses thrashing about. Also what features does the model have as standard.
Our car has a non folding back seat, but you can take it out very easily. However I have already located a folding deck chair version and bought it. Was that an extra or a feature of a later model. Our seats are the deckchair type.

The folding rear seat on the basic version was available from 1978 model year onwards. You will need the brackets on the C-pillars for the folding seat holding arms to hook on, too.
Interesting to come across such a low mileage car!

Pictures will follow in due course. We will try to keep it as original as possible. I think the metal window frames might be restorable as well. I hope to start sorting things with my pal John, and we will no doubt need help and guidance with things. Stuart, that's why I would like to pop over and look at your cars. Thanks all.

Pictures will follow in due course. We will try to keep it as original as possible. I think the metal window frames might be restorable as well. I hope to start sorting things with my pal John, and we will no doubt need help and guidance with things. Stuart, that's why I would like to pop over and look at your cars. Thanks all.
Hi Edwin, I have exactly the same car, 1126 839 engine just doing head gasket on mine in the Lot!

Back