Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Renault 8 experiences?

Merkator Fontana

Enthusiast
Everytime i browse through car ads in my country i get hung up on a Renault 8. Nice looking car it is! Although i dont have the money now to start a new project right now i wanted to ask you guys what you think about this fella? Is it worth buying/owning? How different is it from a r4? (my friend says : "if its an 8 ,must be twise as good then!" :D )

I've never owned a Renault 8, but I have a Consumers' Association report from 1965, where a Renault 8 was compared with an Austin 1100, a Ford Cortina 1200, a V.W. Beetle and (what for it...) a Skoda Octavia Super-the original one, not the 1990s Passat copy! The "best buy" by a hair's breadth, was the Ford Cortina! By the way, the Skoda came out bottom!

I've never owned a Renault 8, but I have a Consumers' Association report from 1965, where a Renault 8 was compared with an Austin 1100, a Ford Cortina 1200, a V.W. Beetle and (what for it...) a Skoda Octavia Super-the original one, not the 1990s Passat copy! The "best buy" by a hair's breadth, was the Ford Cortina! By the way, the Skoda came out bottom!
I guess the Cortina was fan favorite in the UK at that time ... Not suprised about the Skoda though. How did the R8 place?

Back