Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Ronaldo the Renault 4 for sale

edwin

Enthusiast
Hi all. “Ronaldo”, an 1100cc 1988 Spanish built R4 TL is for sale. It has done only 40,000 miles, ( clock shows 67,000 Kms ) and he is in pretty near mint condition. Please see the photographs. All the paperwork is available, bills of sale, handbook, all the provenance. Left hand drive and UK registered, its ready to go. The car had been in one Spanish family ownership till we bought it , so the purchaser will be the third owner. Most of its life was spent in southern Spain, so it is rust free. Clean as a whistle underneath. The interior is perfect. There are headrests, tyres all good condition. It has a full years MOT. £4750

Please contact John Edmonds or Edwin for any more information. Proceeds are to be invested in a ’72 car which needs some TLC, and of course, in Ronnie the Renault.

• RONALDO August 2019 (003) (3).pdf
    1 MB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Ladies and Gentlemen. We are pleased to announce that “Ronaldo”, an 1100cc 1988 Spanish built R4 TL is for sale. It has done only 40,000 miles, ( clock shows 67,000 Kms ) and he is in pretty near mint condition. Please see the photographs. All the paperwork is available, bills of sale, handbook, all the provenance. Left hand drive and UK registered, its ready to go. The car had been in one Spanish family ownership till we bought it , so the purchaser will be the third owner. Most of its life was spent in southern Spain, so it is rust free. Clean as a whistle underneath. The interior is perfect. There are headrests, tyres all good condition. It has a full years MOT. £4750

Please contact John Edmonds or Edwin for any more information. Proceeds are to be invested in a ’72 car which needs some TLC, and of course, in Ronnie the Renault.
RONALDO 501.jpgRONALDO 502.jpgRONALDO 503.jpg

Last edited:
Could you try something for me please, do the hazard lights work without the ignition switched on?

Of course they do, otherwise the ignition coil would soon fail without the engine running. That's the whole point of hazard lights when your car is stranded.

Well mine don’t, after much correspondence with Andrew last year I couldn’t get them to work without the ignition. Fine with ignition switched on.
spent all morning trying to sort out why, still no further forward, MOT soon!

That's very odd John, I'm not sure what is happening there. How about position 1 on the switch, the one for the radio, which doesn't involve the ignition being on. I'd be surprised if your hazard unit was wired up originally like this.

To get through the MOT can you directly wire a hazard relay to the battery using an inline fuse and the original switch? Will then give you time to find the fault later.

Hi

I was wondering if you know the paint code/paint name for Ronaldo the R4 by any chance, it is the shade of off white, I would like to spray my R4.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Billancourt.... Ronaldo's white touch-up paint was colour-matched with a spectrometer at the refinishers to minimise the confusion with paint codes. Great to know you think he looks good! My pal Edwin is currently driving Ronaldo around at Lichfield, he may still have the mixing code. We both can't quite believe how amazingly original and rust-free this low-mileage R4 is, no doubt the benefit of having spent most of its life in sunny Spain. Now with a fresh MoT, still for sale at £5k.....RONALDO 01.jpgRONALDO 02.jpg

Hi John

Thank you for your reply. Ronaldo does look good. A rust free low mileage R4, he will make for a great car for someone. Edwin has already been in touch. As mine is going to have a complete respray, the original three digit paint code as stamped/painted to the inner wing if still there or the paint code as on the diamond plate on the bulkhead would be useful or even the spectrometer match code.

Thanks in advance

Ladies and Gentlemen. We are pleased to announce that “Ronaldo”, an 1100cc 1988 Spanish built R4 TL is for sale. It has done only 40,000 miles, ( clock shows 67,000 Kms ) and he is in pretty near mint condition. Please see the photographs. All the paperwork is available, bills of sale, handbook, all the provenance. Left hand drive and UK registered, its ready to go. The car had been in one Spanish family ownership till we bought it , so the purchaser will be the third owner. Most of its life was spent in southern Spain, so it is rust free. Clean as a whistle underneath. The interior is perfect. There are headrests, tyres all good condition. It has a full years MOT. £4750

Hi Chaps, just enquiring to see if Ronaldo is still for sale?

Nearly two months since the last message on this. Please let me know if Ronaldo is still for sale or otherwise....

Thank you, Ben

Hi all. “Ronaldo”, an 1100cc 1988 Spanish built R4 TL is for sale. It has done only 40,000 miles, ( clock shows 67,000 Kms ) and he is in pretty near mint condition. Please see the photographs. All the paperwork is available, bills of sale, handbook, all the provenance. Left hand drive and UK registered, its ready to go. The car had been in one Spanish family ownership till we bought it , so the purchaser will be the third owner. Most of its life was spent in southern Spain, so it is rust free. Clean as a whistle underneath. The interior is perfect. There are headrests, tyres all good condition. It has a full years MOT. £4750

Hi Edwin,

Am new to this forum and looking for a R4, Ronnie looks just the ticket.
Is he still for sale and if so where is he held please.

Merlin123

Back