Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

R4 f6 van for sale

Liam4R4SPARES

Enthusiast
I have by chance had a R4 van dropped off to me today from a friend who is in the scrap car trade .He know of my interest in R4s and went out of his way to deliver this to me.Problem is that i have just to much on to consider another project and just did not have the heart to see this go to the crusher.It will require a fair amount of work for it to see the road again but the speedo show 56,000 miles ,was at some point owned by a bodyshop and after a jump start the engine sounds good and i drove it around the yard without any problems.It is £200 or if no interest would cnsider breaking it for spares .If anyone can explain to me how to put a photo of the van on the website [laymans terms please] or if i can e-mail them a photo that would be great.

EDIT> It's now possible to upload photos - see
http://www.renault4.co.uk/forum/about109.html

It's not possible to upload photographs directly to the forum, but you can upload photos to the gallery and link to them from the forum. Otherwise mail photographs to clementine at renault4.co.uk and I'll put them up. When was the van last on the road?

Liam sent a photo of his van:

liam-r4-van_192.jpg

Last edited:
I think it looks nice, no rust to speak of. Seems to be in better condition than my current R4 (that i'm driving almost every day). If the car is that good underneath too, and you have the time, room for it etc, i'd say - take it. Save it from the scrap yard, your good deed for the day :)

She is not too rusty .Underside needs a bit of welding on the front flat floorpan [nice and easy] and approx 3 ish hours work only.

I wish we had deals like that in sweden, the scrap yards here would charge three times as much :) Used to be cheaper, but the prices has gone way up the last 10 years or so. They've gone greedy :(

That is exactly the same as my old F6 and hence I am quite tempted. But with no space and even less money it probably won't happen. Which is a pity.

Zero reponse ! so van is now a breaker .Loads and loads of good spares including engine and gearbox,headlights,really good inner wings ,EVERYTHING.I will happy remove and send the spares worldwide .All priced for the enthusiast .Tel 01491 411564 evenings or just e-mail me on louise.riding@btopenworld.com

I wanted to rescue it, really I did - been after a van for years - but I can't afford to have another semi-dead car lying about the place at the moment... :/ Shame but there we go...

How I wish I'd gone after than 1975 RHD example I saw lying unused on the Lleyn Peninsula about 8 years ago... stupid me...

Is your F6 still in one piece Liam? I've just seen the photo and might be able to give it a home.

Back