Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Torsion bar query-cam adjuster

Briangrech

Enthusiast
Hi sorry to bother you but whilst doing the restoration i have the torsion bar issue at the back of my mind. Whilst welding i noticed the other part(haynes technical word -cam adjuster) and wondered which way it should be correctly positioned.Any help greatly appreciated.

• 20201127_150158.jpg
    20201127_150158.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 8
Get a copy of the factory workshop manual, it's covered in detail there. If you are lucky you may find it in English on ebay.
It's necessary to have the correct spanner to tension the torsion bar, otherwise it's dangerous at least.

If it's of any interest, I could send you a pdf of the French version of the MR175 manual - you could send me your email address via the 'conversations' system.

Get a copy of the factory workshop manual, it's covered in detail there. If you are lucky you may find it in English on ebay.
It's necessary to have the correct spanner to tension the torsion bar, otherwise it's dangerous at least.
Thanks the haynes manual isn't so helpful. Will get the the torsion bar adjuster tool homemade sometime when i come to it.
Thanks helpful as always

Back