Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

A GALLERY OF GORGEOUS - please contribute !

That appears to be a late car, handles , front vent, and yet its an R3 body. Be great to get.

It's not an R3, it's the mid '80s S129 version - sort of a cargo saloon. Note the missing rear door handles and the quarter light panel which, unlike the R3 doesn't have the window pressing.

It's not an R3, it's the mid '80s S129 version - sort of a cargo saloon. Note the missing rear door handles and the quarter light panel which, unlike the R3 doesn't have the window pressing.
That appears to be a late car, handles , front vent, and yet its an R3 body. Be great to get.
There's a picture of a car with the window pressing on page 11 of this thread. A close-up:
PICT0031 (46).JPG

Last edited:
Andy, you have some great photos. You could publish a book. album, maybe using the Mac system which is good and cheap and we could all buy one, signed by the author of course!

Hey Andy, another great shot. Have you interior shots as well. We have a K reg 782(?)cc car, looks the same, with hammock seats. Does yours have them?
Just found someone who can do the rubber/fabric hammock seat construction, so having mine sorted shortly. It would be great to have a look at your car one day. Do you have metal front door frames or plastic? Edwin

Hey Andy, another great shot. Have you interior shots as well. We have a K reg 782(?)cc car, looks the same, with hammock seats. Does yours have them?
Just found someone who can do the rubber/fabric hammock seat construction, so having mine sorted shortly. It would be great to have a look at your car one day. Do you have metal front door frames or plastic? Edwin
Hi Edwin
No, the seats in my TL are the more comfortable type - according to the UK 72 brochure, they are 'deep foam polyurethane on a fully sprung frame and upholstered in soft stitched stretch-back vinyl.' (!)
The separate front seats were an optional extra on the so-called 'De Luxe' version.
The windows have the metal frames.
As requested, an interior shot - R4 anoraks will note that the handbook is, in fact, from 1973!20190721_092922.jpg

Another interior shot here:

Practical Classics | Renault 4 Forum

Quite different to mine. yes I can see they are v comfy. Mine are literally hammocks. Means you have to get both buttocks over the first frame or irreparable damage to your nethers may occur. One cheek over and one under does not work. Comfy enough once in. My steering wheel is clear brown plastic, like solid beer.

Gorgeous? Maybe.

My new GTL galvanised chassis before I built her up.

The body has no rust and is on the original white paint so I kept it like that. Just purchased 2 new grey bumpers/irons from Holland.

Annoyingly I am missing the front Bendix caliper sliders if anyone has 4 of them?

r4 chassis.jpg

Is that an E-type in the background? ( one of my bucket list ultimates would be a 4.2 primrose yellow coupe)

Back