Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

60 year birthday celebrations

It seems this meeting is go for Sunday 11th July:
Good news.
Few details other than the entry fee and camping options the nights before - I might try to turn up on Saturday night with my tent and see what happens?!
Anyone else keen? If so we could always plan a little Hampshire run?
Stuart.

I'm sure I'm not alone but I've found this wonderful video about 60 years of the Renault 4 on YouTube.

A Renault Classic chap is showing a L'argus (it's a French car magazine I think) journalist lady around Renault Classic's (?) wonderful collection of Quatrelles. Trouble is, it's all in French and my schoolboy French doesn't quite cut the mustard - can anyone translate?

I'm not sure why the nice lady sneaks in through the fire exit...

Renault have produced a series of short videos for the 60th Anniversary.
Type #happy60thr4 into YouTube
Some of it focuses around the same collection that featured in the L'argus video above... I've searched to try to find if this exhibition might be open to the public at some point in the future but no luck.

..including these..!
have you seen them?

Citroen/Renault gathering, 10th 11th July, Surrey.
Quick update on this event.
The Citroen and Renault clubs are in discussion regarding re-scheduling this event for a later date, I presume because of ongoing Covid restrictions, but details are a bit sketchy at the moment.FB_IMG_1615736887091.jpg

Last edited:
The Citroen Club who are running this event, have moved it to 25th 26th September. The ROC are now deliberating about whether to support it or not. Watch this space.FB_IMG_1615736887091.jpg

Last edited:
Ok folks, here's the latest news.
The Renault Owners Club have arranged for their own event to be held at the Rural Life Centre Tilford, on the original date, 11th July. It's just the one day, not the 10th as well, and unfortunately there is no camping on site.
As said before, they are hoping to get at least 60 R4s there to celebrate 60 yrs of the 4. Bit of a tall order I think, but you never know.
Here is a link to find out more, and with regards to Covid rules.
renaultownersclub.com/ club-rally-at-tilford-is-on/

Last edited:
I think the green furgonette of the advertisement is gorgeous (even if it looks more of a model than a real car). What color code is it?

Regarding the Tilford Event in the UK on Sunday 11th July, I called/emailed both the Rural Life Centre and ROC for a bit of clarity regarding timings. Helpfully:

Pay on the gate: £13 for the car and all occupants so long as you're in your Renault.
Gates open to Renault owners from 08.30. I think they are hoping to organise parking/display before...
Gates open to the public at 10.00.
Suggested last arrival for Renault owners 10.30 because it starts to get busy.

I'm planning on arriving 9ish with my trusty '67 R4. (Frensham Great Pond is just down the road if you fancy a lovely open water swim?!)

IMG_0116.JPG

Thanks for that Stuart. I'm booked in at Waggoners Campsite for Saturday night, with a friend, a fellow R4 owner. It's just up the road, 15 mins from the venue, so after our fried breakfast, and packing our gear, we should be there before the hoards arrive.

Here are a few pics of the 4s that turned up, just 15 I think, bit short of the number hoped for, but that was a touch ambitious. The venue was great, a real step back in time, and the weather was kind. It was nice to catch up with old friends, and meet some new faces. There were other Renaults there, sorry no pics of those.
The next Renault meeting is Simply French at Beaulieu on 12th of September. 20210711_121128.jpg20210711_121152.jpg20210711_121336.jpg20210711_121422_Burst01.jpg20210711_121537.jpg20210711_150122.jpg20210711_150341.jpg

Regarding the Tilford Event in the UK on Sunday 11th July, I called/emailed both the Rural Life Centre and ROC for a bit of clarity regarding timings. Helpfully:

Pay on the gate: £13 for the car and all occupants so long as you're in your Renault.
Gates open to Renault owners from 08.30. I think they are hoping to organise parking/display before...
Gates open to the public at 10.00.
Suggested last arrival for Renault owners 10.30 because it starts to get busy.

I'm planning on arriving 9ish with my trusty '67 R4. (Frensham Great Pond is just down the road if you fancy a lovely open water swim?!)

View attachment 28653
lovely car and RHD!

Just a reminder guys n gals of Simply French at Beaulieu on Sept 12th.
You need to book your ticket for the event, it's £13, which also gives you access to all the attractions including the National Motor Museum. There is no camping on site, but there are plenty of campsites nearby.
There will be a special exhibition of R4s to celebrate its birthday for us to join in with. See you there?FB_IMG_1622296069002.jpg

Back