Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

1963 R1123 sun visors

Ron from sa

Enthusiast
Hello all,
I am restoring a 1963 R1123 and I am looking for 1 or 2 older style sun visors. These are the grey hard plastic type, not the soft padded ones. If you can help with a visor that still work and don't flop around I would be interested in paying a fair price. I am in South Australia, so any price quote would need to include the cost of postage.
Any leads also appreciated.
Thanks. Ron

Hi Ron
It'd be interesting to see a photo of the ones on your car.
I might have a few 6V bits and bobs - is there anything you need?

Hi Andy,
Thanks for that. I'll take some photos later today and see If I can manage to post them here. Otherwise can you PM me your direct email? I have more success attaching photos to emails than I do on forums.
Ron

The visor slides off the swivel fixings. A bit on the tight side, but it slides off. If you think the swivels are your only issue, I have a pair of them in very good condition.

Hi Angel, the swivels are the problem. The ball joint is completely gone - both the metal cup and the plastic ball are too worn. In any case they are of a later style so I thought I would try to get a whole new set, preferably the hard plastic visor [see image] rather than the soft padded ones that were fitted later. If I can't get these I will definitely get back to you and buy the good swivels from you. PM me your price and details so that I can send you the money. By the way, I am also after some of the earlier type of door straps [also in the images] if you have a reasonably good set let me know. Andy, also on this forum is having a look for me as well. As I have two R4's to do up I can always use as many of them as I can get.
Ron
visor and door vangs.JPG
visor close up.JPG

Hi Andy.
Thanks for the link - they are the ones I am after. Unfortunately I am still having no responses to any inquiry I make to sellers on leboncoin. Two days ago I wanted to buy an early 3-spoke steering wheel from Bruno [a regular] advertiser of things R4 - despite a second follow up message to ask if he received my first one, silence prevails. I live in hope that I will one day find someone willing to sell and send these items to Australia so I keep my account with leboncoin.
All the best.
Ron

Back