Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

1980 Renault 4TL

Weardybeardy

Enthusiast
Just testing the water with this to see if anyone is interested.....
having had a desire to own an R4 for some time I purchased this project last year with the intention of it being my winter project, but other things interrupted those plans and the car is currently in storage where it is likely to remain until next year unless sold as I'm about to embark on a house build project that will take up most of the next 12 months.

If it doesn't sell then I'll be happy to hang on to it and make it my first project once the new house is built.

1980 UK registered LHD Renault 4 TL. I have the V5 in my name.
I purchased from the partner of the previous owner when his restoration stalled due to ill health.
It was last on the road in 2017 when the previous owner started his rebuild

The car is in good solid rust free condition and believed to be complete. The only panel damage is to the nearside rear passenger door skin which I believe to be a result of being moved whilst in storage prior to my ownership.
I have picked up some spares panels over the past year - including doors and tailgate - with the intention of making sure I always had the parts to repair should it be needed.

Whilst the engine is in the car, I haven't had it running and was planning on a strip down and repaint before reassembly.
It is currently in a coat of hand painted matt green paintwork. The interior is present, although not installed. The car will come with the various spares I have accumulated.

It will need to be trailered away.

It forms the basis of a very solid project car that could be back on the road in its current paint with very little work, or with a full rebuild/repaint could be a very fine example.

I'm asking £2000 (firm) and I'm based in Gloucestershire.

View attachment 26088 View attachment 26089 View attachment 26090 View attachment 26091

Back