Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

1985 Renault 4 GTL 1108cc

So I'm out in the Renault with the boys and pull in to let a car pass by, as he pulls up along side me he roles the window down and asks "you need any spares for your car? I got one of those, somewhere" (on his farm) gives me his business card says to give him a call 8) Could be worth a look...

184369_10150200640144852_768459851_9009068_1364958_n.jpg

Great picture Rich, a 4 in it's natural surroundings, deep on the countryside. That sounds like an intriguing chance encounter, it will be interesting to see what you find in his barn. Keep us posted.

Thanks Brian!

Did a temp repair on the Wing top/bottom yesterday. Will look to cut out and replaced end of the year...

100_5156.jpg

That looks fine Rich, all ready for some summer cruising. I'm just changing the engine in our camper, so as you can imagine there's a fair bit of fettling going on, and I keep on finding more to do while the engine is out! Lovely morning, so back to work.:smile:

Hi there Rich, R4 is looking good, and I see your family are enjoying it too.:smile: Enjoy your VW show in Germany:cool:

Thanks Brian :cool:

Been away camping so the Renault got put in storage for a couple days.

DSC0000209.jpg

Last edited:
Hello Rich. It looks very solid. Are you going to re-paint, or leave as is? Nice patina by the look of it. That's one cooool cruise.:cool:
Here's our 73 Bay.

• DSCF0162.jpg
    DSCF0162.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 351
  • DSCF3013.jpg
    DSCF3013.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 330
Last edited:
Thats a very tidy bay Brian, you could eat your dinner of the engine :lol: Do you go to many vw shows?

The barndoor has had a lot of welding and is super solid and has been painted :lol: I have tried to blend old with new paint. I took an engine out a beetle last night to fit in the barndoor, unfortunately it looks no where near as nice as yours.

There was a local VW club meet tonight in Braunton so I took the R4, it always gets lots of interest (in fact we have a french car/R4 thread on our forum). On the way home I was in a convoy with a bay and a trekker, very :cool:

Hi Rich, this engine has only done about 1500 miles since I fitted it back in the spring, it's a TES re-con unit, 1641cc with Engle 100 cam. I spent some time cleaning and re-painting all the tin-ware and the engine compartment. Don't do many shows, although did go to the VW show at Stithians near Redruth last weekend. Sounds like you have a keen classic scene in your area. Sorry, I thought the Splitty was in it's original paint, but it does look great. Been out today in the 4L, turned a few heads, and made people smile. Regards Brian. PS, I can see us being told shortly to stop talking VW on a R4 site:smile:

Thanks for posting. Looks like Landacre bridge. Happy memories of paddling there as a youngster :)

Lived in Minehead, so lots of days out to Exmoor :)

Off to Minehead on monday as it happens for 5 days in butlins. Cornish4 and myself were going to try and oganise a run out/get together on exmoor next summer if anyone interested..

Sounds like i better get my arse in gear and finish one..lol..
We were thinking of camping in Porlock...they got a rally field and the campsite is spotless then driving quietly up the porlock toll road and then onto Exmoor for sunday lunch somewere...probably Exford..
Kent is just too far for me...not used to busy roads down here..lol..

if anyone is interested then let us know

Back