Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

1985 Renault 4 GTL 1108cc

Count us in, would be great to see other R4's and meet some like mined folk :cool:

Yes it would be great if we could have a get-together perhaps in August. Andrew has the campsite sussed-out, and with such a beautiful area for touring, we can be be sure of a memorable weekend. So if you fancy a trip to Gods own country let us know if you are interested. Regards Brian.

Can I be a 'maybe' for this? Quite fancy it but it depends if I have the weekend free - we have a couple of VW shows booked for August and I want to do Thenay again as well but as long as I'm free then I see no reason not to have a run down there.

August was just a thought I had really, school holidays and all that. Andrew and I will get our heads together and work out a plan and let all you good folk know when it will be.

Could tie this in with a visit to my Dad, as I am a Devon girl. Not anywhere near the 3rd August as I will be at the Olympics!

I'll pop down for a weekend with you guys :) August is a long time away, but then again I don't fancy camping in this weather!

I'll almost certainly go to Thenay again next year, but I'm sure you wouldn't book the same weekend.

If you do decide on August, and you require my presence :) then I'm normally away in France for the last two weeks of August.

By that I guess you're talking about Somerset, Brian :hug:
Thanks to you all for the quick response, and hope more of you 4L fans can make it too. We will do our best to make a date that is best for all of you. Yes you are right Jonathan, it's North Somerset where we plan to have the meet, campsite is near Porlock, home of the notorious hill, it's 1 in 4! It was used in the early days of motoring to test the latest cars climbing abilities, and the scenery around those parts is just stunning. There's plenty of great pubs in the area too, so no shortage of scrumpy!:D

Hi, the campsite is actualy in the village of Porlock...http://www.porlockcaravanpark.co.uk/ which has its own rally field. Porlock has some great pub resturants as well. The Ship is at the bottom of PORLOCK hill which as Brian says is 1 in 4 but along side that is the Porlock Toll Road which winds up through the trees giving fantastic views over porlock bay. They use this road as a special stage on the somerset stages rally which i marshall on one of the Hairpins. If i remember its about two quid for a car and is about 2.5 miles long and meets the A39 porlock to Lynton road. At he bottom of the hill is a great little Museam which this old chap owns. It has some really intresting cars plus loads of car related stuff...
In the next couple of weeks i will get together with Brian and put something in place and then put it to you and see if its viable...
Off to butlins minehead in the morning so HI-DE-HI,,,

Andrew

In these eight years I live in England, I only spotted...ONE R4 ! A yellow one,in Stafford. Nothing else.
Is there a specific annual R4 meeting in the UK?

Over the last few years there has been the Kent run, a meeting of 4L owners organised by Derek and Becky of Renospeed. Because of the big meeting in France in July that many of us went to, it was decided to give the Kent run a miss this year and have a static meeting at the Brooklands museum in September, and very successful it was too, 33 cars turned up, and we all had a brilliant day talking all things 4L :D

Massive thanks to carruthers A.K.A Chris who was able to sell me a good used clutch cable for my R4. I have now installed and we are back on the road again :cool:

Went on a VW club cruise yesterday...

312803_134320243343590_100002968451551_178352_499252962_n.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Lol get the VW hand signal worked out and you'll be fine!

i see your trailer and raise you a
12052011542.jpg

Nice R4 by the way.

Went up on Exmoor at the weekend, are you chaps still going to camp near Porlock this year?

d52e6c47.jpg

Back