Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

1985 Renault 4 GTL 1108cc

Hi Rich, glad to hear you got the MOT ok, and that the 4 is going to be pressed into service, it does em good to be used you know, nothing worse than a car just sitting in a garage for weeks on end.

Hi Rich, glad to hear you got the MOT ok, and that the 4 is going to be pressed into service, it does em good to be used you know, nothing worse than a car just sitting in a garage for weeks on end.

So true Brian, I use the R4 once or twice a week , both locally or going to Ilfracombe. I went to Exeter last week, 2nd longest journey I have done since buying it! Drove superb! I'm having the underside resealed soon ready for the salty roads.

Hmm talking of longer trips, how about Thenay next year? Just a thought. Yes there's no reason not to use the car through the winter, the roads down here in the West Country are quieter at this time of the year, and there's nothing better than a drive in the country on a crisp winters day. Look out for the dreaded tractors though :)

I quite fancy going to Thenay...

Had the car under sealed for those salty winter roads...thanks to Bob @ Resto Haus.

8cd5aafad5a530e238bc49f0b7be5bab.jpg

42ba9ac32a8860bb26ced0bebfb0a191.jpg

4b167e10954473a4a5f7ad6713478e11.jpg

436e8483cad30ee9582fd18ffd33bde8.jpg

Hi Rich, hope you make it to Thenay next year. Your car looks good, ready for all the winter might throw at it.

Thanks Brian, off to Hessisch Oldendorf this year, maybe next!

Interesting Tiverton run today

7EC7AFCA-A893-4826-AB5F-8AD42D1C435A-1618-0000012D1AE41DE9.jpg

D3C18955-E015-498F-B457-BC0C219F43EA-1618-0000012D2BBF4E75.jpg

Hi Rich, we've been lucky so far this winter, just a light fall of snow early hours of Monday morning. It looks like you are having an interesting commute to Tiverton.

Thanks Lobster :cool:

Went out again today, it's great having a couple days off work :wink: ...what cracking weather

100_5116.jpg

100_5115.jpg

Just come across your thread and am feeling homesick! That's Insow beach, that is! With Appledore in the distance! I was born in Barnstaple, my Dad was born in Appledore, my Mum in Instow and I grew up in Bideford, where I learnt my motor trade (not Renaults, I'm ashamed to say, but VWs!) Your PERFECT picture of your lovely Renault sums up summers in Devon. A Hockings ice cream van would finish it off!

Pity I live in north London now!!

Just come across your thread and am feeling homesick! That's Insow beach, that is! With Appledore in the distance! I was born in Barnstaple, my Dad was born in Appledore, my Mum in Instow and I grew up in Bideford, where I learnt my motor trade (not Renaults, I'm ashamed to say, but VWs!) Your PERFECT picture of your lovely Renault sums up summers in Devon. A Hockings ice cream van would finish it off!

Pity I live in north London now!!

You got it Andrew! Do you get back to Devon? (Nothing wrong with VW's)

We've been lucky with the weather Brian, it's just inbetween Barnstaple and Tiverton that's had the snow.

Yes I think we've come off pretty lightly so far this winter weather wise, and I agree with you, nowt wrong with veedubs, old and new.:)

stanbury territory

Back