Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

1986 F4 - R239B

Tomcat

Enthusiast
Made the trip down to just outside Hastings to view a 1986 F4 - R239B listed on Ebay at £1400 or offers.
Mileage is 183,000 kilometres.
Generally in fairly good condition with some welding needed in certain areas.
Has no paperwork with it at all.

Giving it some thought at the moment:doh::doh:

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    254 KB · Views: 5
  • DSC00913.JPG
    DSC00913.JPG
    165.6 KB · Views: 4
Looks reasonably straight and tidy. Obviously it must have had papers in France. How long has it been in the UK and was it intended to import in which case HMRC should have been notified within 14 of entry and have a NOVA or was it a temporary import by a non UK resident which they have now decided to sell. Either way you will need to get a NOVA in order to register it for which I think you will need the French registration docs. Could be wrong though as it is a while since i did one from Europe.

Looks reasonably straight and tidy. Obviously it must have had papers in France. How long has it been in the UK and was it intended to import in which case HMRC should have been notified within 14 of entry and have a NOVA or was it a temporary import by a non UK resident which they have now decided to sell. Either way you will need to get a NOVA in order to register it for which I think you will need the French registration docs. Could be wrong though as it is a while since i did one from Europe.
Questioned the guy regarding NOVA. Had no idea about what is required at all. He purchased off a guy and does not know when it came into UK.
I am very doubtful about getting it registered in UK without something other than chassis number.

I wonder why he bought it and is now selling it, perhaps he had problem trying to register it with no docs. I once tried to register a URAL motorcycle imported without papers and they would not allow it and i ended up breaking it. I think if it were me buying i would make enquiries with the HMRC before handing money over. Once it has a NOVA you then have all the time in the world to get it fixed MOT'd and then registered but HMRC can be awkward cusses when the rules are not followed.

I wonder why he bought it and is now selling it, perhaps he had problem trying to register it with no docs. I once tried to register a URAL motorcycle imported without papers and they would not allow it and i ended up breaking it. I think if it were me buying i would make enquiries with the HMRC before handing money over. Once it has a NOVA you then have all the time in the world to get it fixed MOT'd and then registered but HMRC can be awkward cusses when the rules are not followed.
I had all the paperwork in place for F4 No2 and it was NOVA'd and the registered with little hassle once it had an MOT.
I am giving getting this vehicle very serious thought but am aware of the pitfalls.

You can get me to put it on a trailer take it across the channel for a day trip call into customs area and declare nova then maybe

You can get me to put it on a trailer take it across the channel for a day trip call into customs area and declare nova then maybe
Paul, thank you for the offer but I know you are very busy on more important activities.
Decided not to pursue the vehicle in any case.

Back