Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

2nd Sept '07 - R4s at Santa Pod

malcolm

& Clementine the Cat
Finally the date has been set for the Renault 4 September meeting. Sunday September 2nd.

Renault 4 entries are most encouraged for the Slow Car Club Santa Pod do. It's a drag racing meeting, so anyone who comes along is encouraged to trundle up the track at least once.

Hopefully there will be a whole load of 2CVs to race with (don't worry, they are really slow and you'll beat them no bother - there will be no need to stress your mechanicals unless you want to really thrash the 2CVs).

With luck there will be all sorts of other daft cars to race against - old Land Rovers, Volkswagens, microcars, buses, perhaps even tanks. Once again you can be fastest.

(Though of course the Slow Car Club rules are a bit strange, and the winner at the end of the day is the one who deserves to win no matter what they are driving.)

Cool to see some Renault 4s this year.

It's just to the east of Northampton, so a couple of hours from Leeds. We'll probably have a party and camping if anyone wants to make a weekend of it.

sounds good do we have to register or do we just turn up?can we come in any car (just in case daisy cant make it) at the moment i have a 1992 peugeot 405 who lives in the garden with daisy.:)

It's a just turn up thing for Santa Pod itself. Any car is fine so long as it's not the sort of car traditionally used for drag racing.

I've posted that date on the 2cv website and I'll let you know the response.

hmm, if i bring my 1647cc r4 would that be considered cheating?
Any votes or shall i leave it in my garage to rust a little further,

You've got 18.5 seconds to beat - that's the current UK 1/4 mile record set by Renospeed in his Gorgini powered van. There was a strong headwind on that day which can't have been good for the van aerodynamics.

There aren't really any rules in the SlowCarClub. Prizes can be awarded for effort or bringing a really daft car along, or just for those who make the day more fun. Come to think of it I've never actually got around to organising actual prizes. Everyone is welcome to come along.

Would be good to see a new UK Renault 4 record. Was hoping to bring my Gordini along, but I suspect it'll be next year before it's finished.

Yeah - It's an Italian conversion that runs on antipasti. :D

well i will have 2!! so long as mine can run on chantie( i think thats how you spell it):confused:
so the chalange is set then,the italian spag bog cars against the yorkshire
puddings.
What do you recon bluebell:roll:

i know i am new here but reading some of the previous 2 yrs posts ive decided you are all slightly mad
am i allowed to join in?
is owning an R4 enough?
or are there other conditions?
paul

i know i am new here but reading some of the previous 2 yrs posts ive decided you are all slightly mad
am i allowed to join in?
is owning an R4 enough?
or are there other conditions?
paul

well paul its like this if your mad and dont know it then the world is fine
but if you know your mad then it dosent matter because you are mad and the world is still fine:D
so owning a r4 is a good start.

dont tell me the only cure is more than one R4
or will i get told off for not staying on topic on this thread
think it was about drag racing (or in drag)

..Can I race this? ...

..If I am lucky enough to win the bidding on this 'car' on French Ebay, would I be able to race it on the Slow Car Club day? - Its got the same jet engine that Richard Hammonds' accident car had apparently - well I think thats what the the french owner said? He also said you steer it with your feet but you would need very odd legs to do that as the steering wheel seems to poke out of the rear chassis?

Last edited by a moderator:
...A record...

..Well thats the quickest reply to any of my threads...4 minutes...can anyone beat that?

So good in fact Mr Jjad or is it Mrs Jjad that if you send me a pm with your address, I will send you my latest CD release which has now sold more copies that Michael Jacksons Thriller!!

Anyway, here I am training my race horses in preparation for Le Prix de L'arch de Triomphe? I used to run alongside them but I find they enjoy trying to out gallop my R4 far more and believe it or not they gallop much faster!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back