Which colour for my R4 project?

• Renault 305 Rejane White

Votes: 10 90.9%
  • Fashionable Old English White

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters

malcolm

& Clementine the Cat
I bought half a litre of 305 Rejane White from the paint shop for a trial. It's a funny old colour that grows on you - a little more dirty yellow than traditional beige, dark enough to show off the chrome, but not so dark as could be mistaken for a '70s disaster.

305.jpg

The other option is an Old English White as is coming back into fashion with the BMW Mini and Fiat 500. A much more balanced if slightly redder colour.

Colour should be next week. Which do you reckon is coolest? Mini or 305?

Last edited:
Thanks for all the votes. Weighing heavily towards the Rejane white there. I've found the colour changes a lot with light. It's horrid in the garage with flourecent lights, nicer outside in the shade, and really summery and cream in the sunshine. Seems to work well with the red interior.

Oddly enough it seems my '65 car was once that colour (though I've long felt that 647/1 Griz Claire (bluey grey) would be very cool on that one). It's since been repainted in slightly the wrong colour so the photo doesn't help in any way. Only just been out to look at it's inner wing for the paint code. 305 S1!

• 65-rear.jpg
    65-rear.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 158
Malcolm, I was for the Old English white initially but I saw a new mini yesterday and thought the colour was a bit girly so can I change my mind and go for the Rejane White?

I'm starting to sway towards white white now (the original colour was 377). Seems a little sharper with the chrome than the beige colour. Though possibly that's only because it's dark and rainy today.

white.jpg

Strange as I've never been a fan of white cars at all. It's not easy being indecisive. :roll: But the cream goes better with the dark burgandy seats than it does with the bright purple interior on the other car.

I've always loved white cars but the trouble with white is that it's a very common colour for R4s in France and, although it would be all gleaming chromework, it wouldn't stand out as something completely different. Had I known you were hankering after a white car I could have sold you Blanche and saved you a lot of effort! :wink:

Seems a little sharper with the chrome than the beige colour. Though possibly that's only because it's dark and rainy today.

Ah but when you move to the south of France it won't be dark and rainy :wink:

I probably won't be allowed to bring the car when I move to sunny southern France (unlesss I bung an 850cc engine back in). Though for continental holidays that's an important consideration. Difficult business this colour choice.

You've got me leaning back towards the cream again now. Also white looks austere when coupled with the dark burgundy trim. The cream seems to soften things up a little and looks much whiter up against the dark interior.

I'm going to paint the chassis first - that's going to be black!

I ordered the paint on Monday. Travelling back from Northampton at the weekend all the cars were all cheerless blue or silver and I decided the roads needed more earth colours. So 305 Rejean White it is! Thanks for helping me make up my mind. :D

Yeah, I know I'm well behind the times. But I reckon white R4's look good, probably because I've got one. Mine is Alpine White used on the Australian assembled R4's, probably closeish to the Rejane White, although it probably doesn't show up too well in this pic.

• r4rollc.jpg
    r4rollc.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 118
hey i got a camoflage vw polo :D

is this the colour...

a_2210.JPG

i prefer the orange 4's...:hug:

..Be bold Malcolm..

..The future in bright - the future is...stripy

Make a statement in Bedfordshire and the surrounding area!!

As recommended by my great friend Joel LeBot who took this photo of a R4 in the Ile D'Yeu - The most fab island in Western France, other than mine!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Stripy does seem to be gaining in popularity...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back