Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

5 alpine wheels

ggcton

Enthusiast
Hi all I have a set of 5 Gordini wheels to fit on my GTL.
I always like to fit new rubber the present tyres are 175 x60 x13
What is the best make and size to suit the R4.
Thanks Gary

From my experience, anything over 145 is for looks only, if you like them... Even with 155 I have noticed worst roadholding on wet road. I don't know if you can fit 145s on the Gordini wheels, but if you can it is definitely a better choice.

HI Gary,
have you got the correct wheel nuts to fit these wheels as i read on here they need special nuts

wheel nuts

Yes I managed to buy a new set of wheel nuts from e bay france.
They were not cheap 60 Euro for the set and 12 euro postage.
They can be purchased from
Top retro18 Rue de la Poyat 39200 Saint-claude
Tel 0033 06 84368230 I am not sure if you drop the 0 before the 6

Gary

Last edited:
From my experience, anything over 145 is for looks only, if you like them... Even with 155 I have noticed worst roadholding on wet road. I don't know if you can fit 145s on the Gordini wheels, but if you can it is definitely a better choice.

I agree with this, wide tires and wet road on a R4 are not something to wish for.

I agree with these sentiments, I've got Alpine alloys on mine but once the tyres on there wear out 165's then I'll reduce the width upon replacement!

There is no problem to fit the 145R13 tyre on the Gordini rim, however it looks quite ugly, because the beads are wider than the tread.

175/70 13 rears?? Doesn't the tread rub on the outer suspension mounting?

Back