Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

750cc 32hp carb wanted

malcolm

& Clementine the Cat
Does anyone have a spare carburettor for a 680-02 engine? That's the 750cc engine with 32bhp.

Poor Ornella seems to have been fitted with a random later carb which is very poorly jetted. I have a very early 680-01 carb (750cc, low power) and several later 850cc carbs, but the jets are all different to the 680-02 carburettor.

Failing that has anyone ever tried an upgrade to an 850 carburettor and can tell me what to expect?

hi Malcolm - love your new toy
seem to remember ive got a brand new 26mm carb in a box which looks very tiny would you like me to find it and send it for you to try ? think i posted a pic last year?? but either i used to post too often and i cant find it or its been deleted ??

EDIT checked attacchments listed in user CP found thread title and is from pic october 20007 ! http://www.renault4.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=1491

Last edited:
I found another pic too: http://www.renault4.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=1454&page=2

Do you still happen to have the parts you offered in the page you linked? I could do with an early master cylinder too.

I don't have a good lookup book for carburettors. Yours looks from the markings like a 26 DIS which sounds right, but they fitted to both 680 and 800 engines with different jets. Do you know which jets yours has? Otherwise send it up and I'll give it a shot. Will be a while before I test the car on the road as the track is muddy and I've just spent an afternoon pressure washing the underneath for rust proofing.

Ah - hold on - it's a 26 DIS 5 which places it on an 850cc engine. If it's a type 433 it should be very close to the 26 DIS fitted to the 750. Will have to look around my used selection - fair chance I might have one already.

Macolm, I know its off the topic of this thread but how's the other restoration going? I've not seen an update since it went off for paint!

Back from paint this morning. Though the body bounced on the chassis along the potholed driveway and bent a sill, so more work needed. Just another in a constant series of things going wrong.

It is not my favourite car. Have already considered weighing it in.

Bugger, sorry to hear that! My friends been going through a series of problems in life like that, bouncing from one problem straight into another, I hope like his, that things go smoother in the future

Regards

Richard

back again
most of the stuff in the pics from last year is still about apart from the goodies i sold on the kent run autojumble
think there are several early master cylinders but how good they are as boxes have deteriorated and unable to read part numbers
free if you want them as reluctant to sell

oh and dont forget ive still got 3 speed gbox mount now you might need it !!
if you are heading to RCCC AGM 30th nov (Northampton )can bring parts for you

I'm not a member of the RCCC, but Northampton is less than 1/2 hour away. I'm on the A428 before you get to Bedford. If you have time please visit - I can show you my collection of dead Renaults.

The brake master cylinder sounds like a good plan. Happy to offer money for that. Searching my stock I think I might have one of each type of 26mm carburettor (apart from the correct type obviously), so for now probably the best plan is to try each one in turn and use the one that's closest. Will send a message.

I've made some progress on the carb. Do you know where the big vacuum hose is attached to GTL carburettors? The one that causes a lean mixture and stalling when it falls off?

Imagine what running problems that result from that being piped into fresh air via a long pipe running beside the engine! Hmmm. Running much better now.

Of course someone has replaced the original 26mm manifold with a 28mm one. So I'll swap the whole lot with one from another car.

I need a 26 dis

Hi all

Mr reno, do you still have the 26 dis? I am in need of one for my 850cc.

Back