Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

845cc clutch cable

nicky4tl

Enthusiast
Hi All,
On my TL (845cc red) the clutch cable connected directly to the clutch release arm. It required a phenomenal amount of pressure to get the clutch pedal down too. Looking at some pics and the Haynes manual Im thinking I may be missing a bit. Could anyone with a right hand drive 845cc (or experience with same) confirm that there is a bracket mounted on the side of the gearbox that takes the clutch cable and has a linkage to the clutch release arm, like in the photo attached that I found online.
If this is the case my next question is does anyone know where I might get this part.
Thanks
N

clutch_cable_connect.jpg

Here's the set-up on a RHD 72 TL with the 334 box. Unfortunately, I haven't got a spare bracket, but I'm sure someone on here will have one! 20210505_082252.jpg20210505_082201.jpg20210505_082012.jpg

Hi Andy,
Thats great thanks. I think I may be ok so. It was looking at LHD cars and Haynes that had me thinking I was missing some sort of actuating mechanism. The stiffness in the clutch must just have been a combo of wrecked cable and ancient clutch.

Back