Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

A few pics of sylvester

Thank you for all the comments .
I have done all the work myself engine out new clutch, water pump, fuel pump,
Radiator, top and bottom ball joints , drive shafts, and a few more things. Luckily there is no rust on the chassis. and the body was very dull but a lot of elbow grease has seen a big difference.
I am very proud of myself as I am a FEMALE. !!!!!!!

Well done! A very clean engine bay too, I'm guessing that you don't need help changing your tyre on the side of the road:)

very nice condition. You have done excellent job
How old is this fellow?

Thanks petak Sylvester is a 1981 gtl with 65000 miles on clock

Just at the begining of her life.
34 years and only 100 000 km(or so).......3000 km yearly....amazingly low km....
Congratulation for her

Very nice car
If you are a new member to forum you have done well to take a renault 4 on as a challenge
Seriously if you achieved that amount of work with only a haynes manual as a guide wether you are male or female I am impressed
Maybe you've been reading some of the forum content in secret before joining ☺

Asking questions, watching a lot of u tube and yes having a read of your forum.

I got the car in November last year from France, did all the paper work after reading up on the pc google helps a lot.
Put in for mot went through with only having to do a rear fog light and washer pump for the wipers.

Engine bay was very dirty don't think it had every been cleaned, Inside was mud straw and thick with dust,
and the chassis had no underseal on, but thankfully no rust chassis had a layer of dried mud.
Did not want to take it out in our winter with no protection on chassis so stayed in garage.
Spent time over winter getting the inside sorted Seats out and cleaned (had seat covers on so like new the seats)
Scrubbed all seat belts door cards roof lining etc

Then came the engine bay as the weather got better.

More to follow later..............

Back