Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

A Panels Wanted

Claire

Enthusiast
Having had the 68 looked at by our local body man, we have decided a new outer RH front wing and probably two front A panels will be needed.

He can source the wing but has asked if we can source the A panels, so does anyone have a source for new ones or very good used ones ?

Ian

Good to see them back - they were out of production for a while. Quality is good if they are the same as the ones I bought from there.

^^^^^ I agree with Malcolm, Der Franzose parts are of superb quality. I get all my parts from them. There are only a few parts they dont carry which are for pre 1965 cars

Many thanks for the replies and links.

We will get an order off to them.

An idea if you can get a bottom right rear tail gate repair section?

Ian

for the boot lid or the actual (if you like) inner wing / wheel arch area? You can buy a rear strip for the actual body but i am not sure about a repair section for the boot lid

I had a franzone sourced A panel welded on to my R4 a few weeks ago it fitted perfectly and seemed to be pretty good quality

I don't know about the quality of Franzose but it must be superb if I judge on the price.

For example:
I paid for the Upper ball joint by my local dealer 8€
Franzose: 50 €

Franzose had one "cheap" and one "good", as they called them, version of the A-panels. I bought the good ones, for an R4 I am currently restoring, and they are the Italian reproduction ones we could find here up until last year. That said, quality is not bad, they fitted OK, but this makes me thinking what they mean with these "cheap" A-panels.

Or alternatively try www.four-elles.com. He stocks loads of new bits.
Bought a 1/2 front floor panel the other day & he was quick to deliver.
French based but delivers all Europe.
If you cannot access his site above he is on French eBay.

We have ordered them from Franzose but one is on back order so not sure how long they will take to come.

Ian

Franzose cannot confirm when the part will be in (they have one of two sides available now), so does anyone have experience of their back order times, or an alternative source we could try please ?

Ian

Hi, you could try www.reno4er.de, I've ordered from Stefan Schützenhofer several times.
He seems to have both items in stock, for 20€ each.
Open the page, select "Neuteile", "Karosserie/Blech", and it's those parts:

49.130 Anschlußblech zwischen Kotflügel und A-Säule - links 20,00
49.230 Anschlußblech zwischen Kotflügel und A-Säule - rechts 20,00

and send an Email to Stefan or use their eShop (also from the front page)

Robert

Robert

Great lead thank you.

We bought two A Panels and a front right wing (in case we need it) so are ready for the body shop to fit and paint etc.

Ian

You're welcome.
I'm going to fit a whole box of stuff I've ordered from them and "Franzose" on Monday ... progress *yay*!

Back