Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

A Six wheeler F6 .....???

renault4mad

Enthusiast
Evening everyone,

When looking through the renault models on ebay i found this strange 6 wheeler F6 van....
was there one ever made????

or just the chinese pulling a fast one

item number 370185013105

Evening everyone,

When looking through the renault models on ebay i found this strange 6 wheeler F6 van....
was there one ever made????

or just the chinese pulling a fast one

item number 370185013105

I would think its based on a real one. Maybe the boulangerie made extra long baguettes!

6 wheeler

I believe it could be based on a real one too. There is a very good french site '4L R4 Life' , www.r4-4l.com, which is sort of the french version of Clementine's garage. It has a good selection of renault 4's for sale in the petite annonces section, as well as lots of seperate sections detailing history, and lots of other bits and bobs about la quatrelle, including a gallery of the weird and wonderfull. If you click on 4L XXL, you will get a series of photos of three different 6 wheelers. However the last is obviously just a welded on extra piece of 4F, the first is saloon based, but has the correct wheel arches, the second is F4 based but the wheel arches don't correspond to the chineses model. But the Sinpar organisation certainly produced many different models, and you get a good selection off their site. Its a really good site, and well worth browsing.

Back