Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

About time too

Iain

Enthusiast
Have finally plucked up courage to take our beloved and totally reliable 1987 R4GTL off the road for restoration and salvation. Rust in all usual body parts, boot floors etc. Chassis ropey but may replace from Melun Retro here in France. Have been putting this off for a few years now but she really does deserve saving and we love her so much. Mechanics are generally good but will replace any parts that are needed. Fingers crossed all will go well. Have decided to allow around 12 months for this. Maybe optimistic!

sound like plan!

Who will do the work?

12montas is enough if you buy new chassis.

If not then it is tight.

Don't know how the chassis are getting on in the lockdown. There was a 3 month wait and I was hoping to get one in May but maybe that will have changed. For me I was just planning to change chassis in a weekend and keep the scruffy bits.

sound like plan!

Who will do the work?

12montas is enough if you buy new chassis.

If not then it is tight.
I reckon a new chassis from Melun will make things much more manageable. Gonna do work myself, I hope, though I have a French friend who is very handy and has restored a 2CV and a rare Matra sport in past few years. So, may need his help for odds and ends. I was apprentice mechanic when first left school many years ago. Not worked in trade for over 40 years though!

I reckon a new chassis from Melun will make things much more manageable. Gonna do work myself, I hope, though I have a French friend who is very handy and has restored a 2CV and a rare Matra sport in past few years. So, may need his help for odds and ends. I was apprentice mechanic when first left school many years ago. Not worked in trade for over 40 years though!

Don't know how the chassis are getting on in the lockdown. There was a 3 month wait and I was hoping to get one in May but maybe that will have changed. For me I was just planning to change chassis in a weekend and keep the scruffy bits.

As far as I know and can see out here, Melun is still operating albeit with reduced capacity. Hopefully you'll get your chassis as planned! Good luck.

Back