Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Additive?

Merlinn

Hi everyone,

This is my first posting on this Forum! I have just bought a mint condition 1983 R4 GTL. She is a total beauty. We live in France and we have been told that we need to use an additive to add to the unleaded fuel we use.

Can anyone advise what is the correct additive to use?

Many thanks

Merlinn

Hi Merlinn
Firstly welcome you will find us all frightfully freindly here and lots of help too
I am about half an hour from limoges about 10klm before Eymoutiers on the D979 if you ever passing:eek: Cant miss my place the garden and barns are full of classics:roll:
The additve you need is obtainable from Carrafour at junc37 A20 or Norauto on the same complex
Its called "remplace de plombe" by Power (blue liquid)or
"WYNNS" makes one here called substi-plombe (pink liquid)
might see you around you cant miss my R4van its bright yellow and black with Michelin man on top:cool:

Hi Greeney,

Many thanks for the reply. I live about 30ks north of Limoges near a little place called St. Sulpice Lauriere. I'll keep an eye open for you!!

Regards

Hi, Why do you need to use an additive? Is French petrol different!?!

Are you just preventing any possible real long term damage?

I know there has been a lot of talk about whether to use lead additive or not but until I hear definitive evidence to the contrary I will.
I am going to try the "fuel cat" too, I already use it in my DS and it has improved a few things, as i am a french supplier of them I thought I may give it a go:roll:
http://www.purchufter-valve.com/id16.htm

Hi,
Is the Fuel Cat the same thing as Carbon Flo?, my father in law used to be the agent for them, I find they work very well, I've had the pellets in my old Harley and my Daimler for many years, and they will be going into my TL.
Alan.

Yes they are the same sort of thing they can go into the tank but I also sell an in-line one with magnetized barrel now too, you are supposed to be able to use unleaded without a lead additive but I do still in my DS On test i got better fuel consumption of about +5% over last year and better running too

Back