Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

advice about gordini wheel nuts, pls help

mano

Enthusiast
Have anybody idea if I can use nuts from some japanese cars /i ve heard it works/ instead gordini wheel nuts? Which car has similar nuts?

Mano Slovakia

I've not heard of anything that is the same, they are pretty unique to Renault I'm afraid.

I use 165/70 r 13 they are almost the same aspect ratio as the standard 155/80's so don't affect the gearing, (plus they were what came on them) ;)

Renault 4 uses M10 x 125 thread on the wheel nuts, all Japanese cars have M12 x 150 or 125, so even if the taper fits you will not be able to screw them...

Gordini nuts

I think, there should be no problem to turn out a copy of the Gordini nuts. The nuts are blind on the end? How long is the hexagonal part? I have 4 waste alloy Alpine rims in my garage, however without nuts. There are the same nuts?

You can use blind or through nuts, I turned down some blind ones for my Renault 4 but I'm sure Malcolm turned down normal ones.

I agree, hence why I used a blind set. though the through set did come with black covers.

problem solved.i bought a set of blind nuts for quad alloys( m10*1,25) and addapted em to 45 degrees ?pitch?. perfect!

Here is my solution - I bought the nuts for Taiwanese fourwheel bike (picture 1), there is M10 x 1,25 and the taper 60°. They are quite cheap (1.88 EUR each). I turned the taper out for 45° (picture 2) and it looks quite good (picture 3),what do you mean?

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 100
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 97
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 99
Back