Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Alu Grille and chrome bumpers wanted

french four

Enthusiast
Hi, everyone, would first like to thank everyone who replied to my search for rear wings which i now have, thanks to info from this site, i am now searching for an aluminium grille 1967/73 period and also chrome bumpers. would much appreciate any help with my search. cheers Andy

Have you tried Renault themselves?

I too will need an alu grille and chrome bumpers and was hoping I could still get them from a Renault dealer. Failing that these guys in Germany claim to supply the grille: http://www.reno4er.de/neuteile.htm (How's your German?).

Derek the Renospeed bloke must have bought new ones for his project. I was planning to find the source during the gathering of 28th May.

Failing that I have an alu grille with a lot of big dents you could have.

alu grille and chrome bumpers

yeh tried renault they can only get grey grille and grey bumpers, i emailed that german site in german, but no reply, i dont think they have them even though they are listed, if you look the stock available has a link/highlighted blue and the grille or kuhlergrill as they call them isnt highlighted, the french site ok4l.com doesnt have either even though they list them, i spoke with him on the phone. rarer than the perverbial rocking horse s#=t . Could kick myself as about two years ago there was a nos alu grille on ebay and i missed the end of the auction and got outbid DAMN!
keep looking on ebay.
Cheers Andy

check out ebay

All the parts you need have been listed on ebay today....check out classic car parts Renault 4...

Stuart

ebay parts

Hi stuart, just got your mail, i saw parts on ebay before this mail and i have sent you a message via ebay messages (carsnscoots) i know its really not the done thing to ask to remove from ebay but i just wanted to check if you would sell off ebay for an agreed price, if you dont then no problem, but at least i know no one else can either, cheers andy.

Well done french four. I was planning to go in with sniper bids as rechroming a single bumper would be about the price you paid for all the shiny bits. Then I decided I would save even more money by not bidding at all.

What do you have planned for the bits? A GTL conversion? Or do you have an oldtimer in need of some love?

BTW - The Renospeed bloke said he bought his grille at a meeting in the Netherlands (the new ones aren't very good quality) and that the bumpers were good used parts. Seems these bits are rare.

alu grille and chrome bumpers

Hi Clementine the cat,

Thanks for not bidding, the parts are destined for a gtl conversion, re-chroming is very expensive isnt it !!!,the used bumper will see me through until i can save up for re-chroming or i find a new one in the future, i did notice there is another new front one on ebay, but he said he wont post. Im delighted i now have these parts as the car should be re-painted in the next few weeks. im travelling down to collect parts from Stuart, so that will be good cant wait to see his vehicles and have a chin wag. I will post some pics before and after on here when car is finished. did the guy say how much he paid for that new grille? anyhow thanks for your interest and good luck with finding those parts (hopefully nice and cheap). Andy

I shall look forward to the photos. Derek didn't mention the price for his grille.

The one for my '68 car is dented, but I figure it's a 40 year old car and is allowed to have some battle scars.

Back